Hacking Unable to update emuNAND made from downgraded 4.2

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As the title suggests, I downgraded my 9.2 that already had the 9.4 update nag, formatted emuNAND, attempted to update emuNAND to 9.4 from 4.2 and it produced an error instead of going through with the update.

My thoughts are that the downloaded update only works from 9.2 to 9.4 since it was downloaded on 9.2.

I've since solved the issue by injecting 9.2 into my emuNAND, but I bring this up because I wonder if this will also keep my sysNAND from updating. This would be a great safeguard from accidentally updating. Anyone with a hardmod on 9.2 willing to experiment?

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
i has hardmod in me 3ds xl and if you update the sysnand to 9.4 ofw for error, if you have the copy of 9.2 or 4.5 sysnand you can downgrader without problems. (i test this yesterday, i has my copy from 9.2 sysnand and my 3ds xl has now 9.4 sysnand because i wait my red card gateway from yeahgeek)

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i has hardmod in me 3ds xl and if you update the sysnand to 9.4 ofw for error, if you have the copy of 9.2 or 4.5 sysnand you can downgrader without problems. (i test this yesterday, i has my copy from 9.2 sysnand and my 3ds xl has now 9.4 sysnand because i wait my red card gateway from yeahgeek)

Sorry, I don't really understand what you are saying, but I don't have any problems. I want to know if it will give me an error if I try to update from my downgraded 4.2 sysNAND since I have the update downloaded from 9.2 for 9.4. I figure that I'm missing stages that are required to go from 4.2->9.4 and think it would be an effective means to preventing accidental updates.

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
I use google translator better. To get this straight, you what you want to update the sysnand 4.5 to 9.4? Anyway I'll tell you my experience if it helps.

as you have told me I have hardmod in my 3dsxl, I did a couple of days ago when I downgrear my console to version 4.5 saw the emunand not update to 9.4, giving error upgrade, so I decided to upgrade the sysnand effectively upgrade smoothly, taking 9.4 fully functional sysnand, then make a copy of sysnand 9.4 (I have a copy of the nand 4.5, 9.2 and 9.4) and restored the nand 4.5 to sysnand console, then inject will nand 9.4 to sdcard emunand partition and this worked without problems.

also tell you that if you update error, with hardmod will not have any problem if you have a copy of the nand you care system.

Finally tell you that you can use the same way back to restore sysnand console with emunand.bin with hardmod.

Reactions: LoneGrenade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    Veho @ Veho: Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.