Unable to turn my computer on (just changes my hdd)

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As the title says, i'm unable to turn on my computer. When i press the button, nothing happens, nothing at all.
I just changed my hdd, the other was broken.
So what could be the problem?
No more BIOS?
I know how to install OS from the BIOS, but i never installed BIOS
Please help me if you can :)

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Remove the HDD, and Check to see if the Model is compatible with your BIOS and/or Chipset. If not, i'd consider getting an HDD Compatible with your Device. Also, you can setup Windows 10 on a USB, i did this as a replacement for my HDD on my Laptop. It's a 1TB USB 3.0 SSD, if you only have USB 2.0, well it'll work okay, but it'll lagg, alot! Here's a Tutorial on how to Setup the USB Drive, use NTLite to Convert the install.esd (Windows 10) file, and Inject it into the Program. Tutorial

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got some informations and learned that the BIOS is in the motherboard, not in the HDD, so it's not the problem.
If my computer doesn't boot up, it has to be something else.
As for the compatibility, i don't see why it couldn't be compatible with my stuff since everything is plugged in the right place.

So, since the BIOS is in the motherboard and not in the HDD, what else could cause this?

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I just got some informations and learned that the BIOS is in the motherboard, not in the HDD, so it's not the problem.
If my computer doesn't boot up, it has to be something else.
As for the compatibility, i don't see why it couldn't be compatible with my stuff since everything is plugged in the right place.

So, since the BIOS is in the motherboard and not in the HDD, what else could cause this?
There is a Variety of Reasons, it could be the GPU is fried, or the RAM is dirty. So, try these:

• Clean the Ram with a Soft Cloth, usually it's located nearby the HDD, it looks like a Long Green or Blue board(s). With small Micro-chips on it/them.
  • Remove the CPU and Blow soft air on it, BE CAREFUL!
  • Check your GPU, if your using an External GPU, remove it, and let the PC use the Integrated Graphics.
  • Check to make sure all the Cables are Properly plugged-in, and that none have fallen out or have broken!
  • Try flashing the BIOS, use another PC to copy the BIOS Files on over to a USB Drive.
  • Remove the HDD (This is probably the Issue)
  • If all else fails, take the PC to a Repair shop, or Best Buy (I've been there quite a lot :P)

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Just found out the problem, i forgot to plug back the wire connecting the psu and the motherboard xd, sorry, but thanks for helping
No Problem! Always gotta check your cables, sometimes even twice. That reminds me, i need to get home and clean the Shit ton of dust in the Fans xD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1