Homebrew Question "Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again.

Kamanberu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone!
I have a problem since I switched to Atmosphere. It only happens with some games like: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Persona 5 Strikers and Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition. After installing them with Tinfoil, when I launch them I get this message: "Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again." I have the latest version of Atmosphere, my Switch is at 11.0.1, and I also downloaded the last sigpatches.
I don't know what I need to do to get my games working, do you have any solutions?
Thanks!

I up this post, because I really want to play Persona 5 Strikers :(
The games worked fine when I installed them on SX OS
It's exactly the same NSP I installed with Tinfoil, so why doesn't it work?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!
I have a problem since I switched to Atmosphere. It only happens with some games like: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Persona 5 Strikers and Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition. After installing them with Tinfoil, when I launch them I get this message: "Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again." I have the latest version of Atmosphere, my Switch is at 11.0.1, and I also downloaded the last sigpatches.
I don't know what I need to do to get my games working, do you have any solutions?
Thanks!

You should have posted your question in the Switch Noobs Paradise instead. It is also against the rules of this forum to "up" posts.

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!
Thanks!

I honestly don't do this kinda stuff, but I can give ya some ideas of what I'd check, it's what I'd do in this situation.

Did the games ever boot and play fine at all before? Or you get this error when you first install it? Do they require any updates? Have you tried diff downloads of said games? [could be bad files].

If the games at one time did previously work, have you tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them?

Also if you use cheats, make sure cheats aren't being all enabled all at once by default, I know EdiZon does this sometimes, need to edit it's config file to stop that, if that's what's happening cheats can cause some games to crash and give that error depending on the cheats active.

Also have you tried other methods of installing them? Like with goldleaf or whatever.

Also I'm not sure if firmware could be an issue, but do some games require you to be on updated firmware?

Last edited by JayBae,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't do this kinda stuff, but I can give ya some ideas of what I'd check, it's what I'd do in this situation.

Did the games ever boot and play fine at all before? Or you get this error when you first install it? Do they require any updates? Have you tried diff downloads of said games? [could be bad files].

If the games at one time did previously work, have you tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them?

Also if you use cheats, make sure cheats aren't being all enabled all at once by default, I know EdiZon does this sometimes, need to edit it's config file to stop that, if that's what's happening cheats can cause some games to crash and give that error depending on the cheats active.

Also have you tried other methods of installing them? Like with goldleaf or whatever.

Also I'm not sure if firmware could be an issue, but do some games require you to be on updated firmware?
Why revive a thread from 7 months ago? Also, this thread was already resolved in the Switch Noobs Paradise if you couldn't tell from my previous post.

Reactions: Kamanberu

ShineHigh247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why revive a thread from 7 months ago? Also, this thread was already resolved in the Switch Noobs Paradise if you couldn't tell from my previous post.
For people like me who are searching for an answer to the same problem. It would've been helpful & considered to link the post in your message instead of being rude.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)