Unable to run exploits off of my phone's hotspot, AT&T problem only?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Xanek, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Xanek
    OP

Xanek GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2015
    United States
    Hi, so currently I am running into the problem of trying to load sdcafiine from loadiine.ovh while connected to my phone via hotspot but it is from AT&T.
    I am able to get into loadiine.ovh fine and able to select SDCafiine from the drop down menu, but whenever I try to open up loadiine.ovh again to get the exploit running, it says it'll run the sdcafiine exploit, then freezes while it tries to load.

This only occurs while connected to my phone and doesn't do this while on Wifi. The reason why is that I am unable to connect via my campus's wifi, as it doesn't allow consoles to connect.

Does anyone know why this is occuring? I have tried with and without security encryption on my phone and even with someone elses's iphone and I tried connecting off their hotspot, does the same thing as mentioned above.

Though I know someone who was able to connect off of their phone and load mods perfectly fine on their Wii U and that they have Verizon.

Is there something wrong with my Wii U that it won't work while using the phone's hotspot, or is there an additional step or method that I would need to take to get it to work?

I tried this method: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sdcafiine-5-5-1.441874/#post-6683063
    and after downloading everything, I set my Wii U back to connecting with my phone and it crashes upon selecting homebrew from loadiine and wiiubru.com/x

Is it because of my phone provider being AT&T and somehow they're blocking it?

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
  3. Xanek
    OP

Xanek GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2015
    United States
    i'll test this in a bit, do AT&T hotspots have a problem with this by any chance? I don't care about wifi, and the campus network just won't let consoles connect to the wifi because of an encryption they use.

4. Xanek
    OP

Xanek GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2015
    United States
    Okay, it works! Thanks a lot! i'll test it out next week at my campus!

Last edited by Xanek, Oct 2, 2016