Hacking Unable to run bannerbomb

lezperez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My friend asked me to mod his wii for him. I've done loads of wii's so thought yeah no problem. Its running 3.4e.

So far ive tried every bannerbomb and they dont work, not even a freeze let alone the dialog pop up. So i thought id try the twilight hack beta 2 and that wont copy to the wii. It doesnt even show up properly in the management screen just ??????? instead of the twiizers logo.

Any suggestions?

lezperez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am. Tried every version from aad1a_v108 to aad50_v108. Nothing. Tried 3 different sd cards (all of which have worked in other wiis ive modded).

lezperez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just done a system update via ninty to 4.2e. Tried all 3 versions of bannerbomb v2 and.... NOTHING! And yes i know the method for v1 and v2 is different. So what next?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
lezperez said:
Ok i havn't got that game. Why wont bannerbomb work tho any ideas?

Ok, so would you explain every step you have made so far, updating to 4.2 was probably absolutely not needed.

I think you have either a 1.) SD card which needs reformatting or 2.) user error.

lezperez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so my friend brought his wii round. Turned it on checked the settings menu said 3.4e. Put my sd card in went to dat management, channels, sd card. Nothing. Tried every version of bannerbomd still nothing. Tried 2 other sd cards. Nothing. Tried the twilight hack beta 2. Wont copy to the wii.

Updated to 4.2. Tried bannerbomb v2(all versions) on 3 sd cards. Nothing. Im all out of ideas.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
lezperez said:
Ok so my friend brought his wii round. Turned it on checked the settings menu said 3.4e. Put my sd card in went to dat management, channels, sd card. Nothing. Tried every version of bannerbomd still nothing. Tried 2 other sd cards. Nothing. Tried the twilight hack beta 2. Wont copy to the wii.

Updated to 4.2. Tried bannerbomb v2(all versions) on 3 sd cards. Nothing. Im all out of ideas.

And here is the "user error" you have to go to datamanagement, channels, sd card and when the Wii tells you that there is no card inserted you have to put the SD card in. Profit.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Are you doing it the right way? Like this:

Get a SD card. If it has a private directory, rename it temporarily, e.g. to "privateold". Having other saved channels on the same card will screw it up.

Download abd6a_v200.zip and unzip it onto the SD card.

Go download the HackMii installer.
Copy installer.elf to the root of the SD card, and rename it to boot.elf.

Press the SD card icon (for the SD menu). This is different from the last version.

Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load boot.dol/elf? or freeze.

lezperez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Obviously the wii is on 4.2 now so no datamanagement, channels, sd. Using the sd menu now. Click on it, insert the card, nothing. Just a channel with ???????. Tried all the bannerbomb v2 versions. Oh and ive formatted the sd cards using hp sd formatter.

lezperez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes downloaded the newest installer from bootmii.org, extracted the boot.elf to the root of the sd card. All i have on the (freshly formatted) card is a boot.elf and a private folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: They're very common on social media.