Hacking Unable to run bannerbomb alpha - v2 on 4.2U Wii

gwofu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

First, I am new to Wii stuff and want to install HBC.

I just bought a new Wii today (in US) and my son did an update on the system when tried to connect to the internet.
The menu shows 4.2U now (not sure what it was before the update).

I tried "bannerbomb alpha - v2" from http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php, downloaded files as instructed and copy them to my SD card,
but it doesn't work.

My problem is that after I put the SD card into Wii, the Wii neither freeze nor pop-up dialog, instead it goes to SD card menu and
shows an SD item (?) with "Move", "Copy", and "Erase" options.

I guess it didn't recognize the boot.elf file.

I searched the Forum and seems anyone can have the HBC installed but me.

Thanks for any help!

gwofu

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
try deleting everything on the card and using the modify.zip from xzxero's guide(you need to send an email to the address on the guide and you will get the file in your email, make sure to check your spam folder if you don't see it in your inbox)......extract the entire file to the sd card and follow the guide located here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 ...if you follow it step by step you should be good and going in no time.

Also you might want to post what sd card you're using.... manufacturer, size, etc

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gwofu said:
Hi all,

First, I am new to Wii stuff and want to install HBC.

I just bought a new Wii today (in US) and my son did an update on the system when tried to connect to the internet.
The menu shows 4.2U now (not sure what it was before the update).

I tried "bannerbomb alpha - v2" from http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php, downloaded files as instructed and copy them to my SD card,
but it doesn't work.

My problem is that after I put the SD card into Wii, the Wii neither freeze nor pop-up dialog, instead it goes to SD card menu and
shows an SD item (?) with "Move", "Copy", and "Erase" options.

I guess it didn't recognize the boot.elf file.

I searched the Forum and seems anyone can have the HBC installed but me.

Thanks for any help!

gwofu
you need to select the little sd card on the main menu not data management

gwofu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi longtom1,

Thank you very much. I selected the little sd card on the main menu and I can install HBC now.

Best regards,

gwofu

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'm not getting anything showing up in SD card menu. Ive formatted my Sandisk 2gb to FAT32 and started again. It says 'loading from SD card' then it just goes to blank SD menu background, no freezes, meesages or anthing. Any suggestions?

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
DeadlyFoez said:
Everytime someone says that BBv2 doesn't work then I already know that they're trying the BBv1 method instead. People who dont know how to read should not be screwing with any wii.

Sorry to disappoint you, but Im no idiot and know the difference between the data management menu and the SD card menu. Ive followed the guide as per bannerbomb homepage http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php, but nothing happens.

Ive modded several Wii's and am no noob, please don't assume as its the mother of all fuck-ups

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
DeadlyFoez said:
bazamuffin said:
DeadlyFoez said:
Everytime someone says that BBv2 doesn't work then I already know that they're trying the BBv1 method instead. People who dont know how to read should not be screwing with any wii.

Sorry to disappoint you, but Im no idiot and know the difference between the data management menu and the SD card menu. Ive followed the guide as per bannerbomb homepage http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php, but nothing happens.

Ive modded several Wii's and am no noob, please don't assume as its the mother of all fuck-ups

Sorry, not intended towards you, but the OP. A newbie, 3 posts, asking a question like that. It's typical and I've seen it a lot lately.

Seeing as you've got a lot more posts I would have taken a different approach.

I retract my statement then, my apologies. Can you offer any advice with my issue?

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Inserted the card before AND after on the SD Menu, nothing. One thing I forgot to mention, my 4.2E system was updated via Zektor's guide (i.e unofficially), would this have any bearing on this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: