Hacking Unable to restore IOS15 in TBR

Trigahd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, recently I tried to update my Wii from 3.2 to 4.2 and am at a little snag. I followed this guide that a friend linked me to, and I went through the process of updating my Wii. I have done every part so far with no problems at all, but I'm currently stuck at the Trucha Bug Restorer. I'm at the final part of it, and I choose to load IOS36 and restore IOS15 when I get this error:

Code:
ES_AddContentFinish for content #2 cid 13 returned: -1022
Error: Could not install IOS15 Rev 523
IOS15 Restore failed

Now I'm stuck at an impasse as I'm not sure what to do. Could anybody shed some light on what could be wrong, and how I could go about fixing this issue? I checked around the forums, but I don't think I saw any topic with a similar issue. Thank you for your time!

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly the same issue here. I was told by Xzxero that it probably is fine b/c you had a cios, prevoiusly. See what happens if you try to proceed with Anytitle deleter. I couldn't delete the ones in manual.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Do u have a wad of IOS15 Rev 523 saved to the root of your sd card?

if u dont, read the readme file that came with trucha bug restorer on which wad u need, then download it via nus downloader and save it to the root of your sd card.

if u can't figure that out, try moving left or right on the d-pad when given the option of 'load from sd' in order to access a network install feature (internet required)

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naturally, I have the wad on the SD card. but it didn't make a difference. I could try restoring via online but wouldn't that negate the downgrading step?

Second, What about the ATD issue? Can't delete ios249, which manual prescribes. Any thoughts?

Thanks Xflac

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u only downgrade ios15 so u can restore the trucha bug in ios 36 (hence the name), after this is accomplished IOS15 can and should be restored.

then we use IOS36 to run any title deleter to delete any stub IOSs greater than 200. These stub IOSs will be missing if you're not on 4.2, if this is the case, u can skip this step.

then use IOS36 to install wanin's cios via his installer

see xzxero's for what else u can install afterwards

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It does not matter which IOS source you select in TBR, they all should work. Well should, it could happen that wifi download does not work when using certain IOS.

Anyways i always mix -1022 and -1024 up, maybe they are even the same. It could be hash check failed ==> Corrupted sd card, try a reformat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...