Hacking unable to redownload WiiWare

leebag

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, great work by the way!!!
just need some assistance with WiiWare. what i've done is

1. installed [008]Lost.Winds.WiiWare.USA.WII.REGIONFREE.wad via the twilight hack
2. the game works fine, delete it via the channel management then went to the wiiShop and no luck can't redownload original file
3. uninstalled the wad using the wadunistaller
4. so i used freemywads to patch it to the correct region (Pal)
5. installed the game no probs, by the wiishop doesn't reconise that i have it on my system.

my problem is the wiishop doesn't reconis that i have install the Wiiware Game so i can't get a clean install.
what is wrong? i thought it should come up on the wii shop channel as purchased?
any help would be appreciated!! thanks guys!!!!11

bennydigital

Trophies
Website
n
XP
Country
United States
bad ticket.
Why do you need to download it from the shop?
Why don't you just call nintendo and say hey I can't redownload this game I illegaly download from your shop.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
as far as I know, a few people reported the same. from the looks of it nintendo fixed the shop downloading. not surprising.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seconded.

Downloading from the shop is utterly pointless, considering you have all of the data in the WAD.

And clean install? What are you talking about? It's not like the WAD installer leaves junk data.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arakon said:
no tickets are valid because they are trucha signed and detectable.

They aren't "detectable".

Nintendo currently doesn't have software in place on the shop channel to continuously monitor your tickets.

The Nintendo Channel, however, will send your usage data to Nintendo if you opt in. So, the only data they can retrieve is the name of a custom channel.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
teq said:
Arakon said:

Nintendo currently doesn't have software in place on the shop channel to continuously monitor your tickets.

The Nintendo Channel, however, will send your usage data to Nintendo if you opt in. So, the only data they can retrieve is the name of a custom channel.

CURRENTLY being the keyword, yes. the fact is that the trucha signed tickets CAN be detected easily, should nintendo chose to do so.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arakon said:
teq said:
Arakon said:

CURRENTLY being the keyword, yes. the fact is that the trucha signed tickets CAN be detected easily, should nintendo chose to do so.

And what are they going to do if they find an invalid ticket? They have no database to cross-reference tickets to, since the Title ID is virtually random.
It's less about being caught or detected, than it will be about permission. It's smarter to protect the roms they're selling than go after the ones they aren't.

You'll more likely see copy protection implemented, in the way of comparing what you have locally to what the Wii Shop says you should have.

So, invalid tickets are nothing to be worried about... they'll merely appear as corrupted tickets.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the time it takes you to redownload that file, you could have uninstalled the wad, then reinstalled it, and already started playing again. As for bad tickets, there's no such thing anymore. ALL TICKETS ARE CURRENTLY BAD TICKETS UNLESS YOU ACTUALLY BOUGHT THE GAME. The Wii Shop no longer checks tickets, it checks your purchase history so unless you hack the actual nintendo purchase db, then just use the quick method and use the wad-installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool