Unable to read SC card when Softmodding

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bicho6, Apr 24, 2010.

Apr 24, 2010
  1. bicho6
    OP

Newcomer bicho6 Newbie

United States
    I'm hacking my Wii using the Bannerbomb and Hackmii installer. I have the boot.elf on my SD card as well as the abd6a_v200 folder. My Wii recognizes I have an SD card installed but doesn't see that anything is in the card. My Wii was 4.1 and it didn't work. I upgraded to 4.2 and still doesn't work. I was using a 2GB SD card formated FAT32 that I also tried 1GB SD card formatted FAT32 and that doesn't work. I have done just about anything I can do. Reboot the wii with the SD inserted, not inserted. Soft reboot, hard reboot from the wall, nothing seems to work. I can't get the Wii to see the contents of my SD card. Anyone have any recommendations?

2. Gnargle

Member Gnargle The day I set a profile picture is the day I die

United Kingdom
    Probably because you're using an SC card, which doesn't exist [​IMG]
    Reformat one of your cards. See what happens then. Also, make sure all the filestructures are EXACTLY correct.

3. matguitarist

Member matguitarist GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    be sure to use the SD card icon in the System Menu the old way doesn't work

4. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    You need the private folder that's inside the abd600a_v200 folder on your root. Take the private folder out of that folder and put it in your root.

5. bicho6
    OP

Newcomer bicho6 Newbie

United States

This was it... thanks for the help... I made private my root and now my Wii freezes.. but hey .. at least my first problem is fixed.. thanks for your help..