Unable to read disk with Mario Kart

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by burnsams, Apr 9, 2008.

Apr 9, 2008
  1. burnsams
    OP

Newcomer burnsams Advanced Member

Anyone else has this?

My wii is 3.1U with wiikey 1.9g.
    I burned 5 copies, all with brickblocker and regionfrii and the game doesn´t even loads in the game channel...
    Should I update to 3.2U with Wifi? Or maybe try the 15% update trick with the pal Game?
    Any ideas?

2. noisound

Member noisound GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    what release did you get ? its ok to say the release name

3. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    you have to update online first I recon or with brawl.. My pal wii was updated with brawl (editted so no duplicate channels would appear) and mariokart didnt ask for an update and booted fine without brickblocking

4. b4ckd00r5p1d3r

Newcomer b4ckd00r5p1d3r Newbie

United States
    yes please help..... i have the same problem. i have my iso from espal or something like that. i have wiikey with my wii and wiikey fully updated with everything. i tried to burn regular, then i tried with regionfree and the with wii update remover but it wont read please help

5. kira59

Newcomer kira59 Newbie

France
    (Sorry for my english [​IMG]) i have the same problem but for me i find a solution, i burn MK with 6x speed = doesn't work, i burn MK with 2,4x speed = Works perfectly . I hope this will help you.

6. ziddey

Member ziddey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't have much experience with running other region discs, but I also had issues with the disc showing up at all. Initially, I used brickblocker and regionfrii. After that, I used waninkoko's tools to change region and remove updates. This one has been working fine. It gave a message about 50hz 576i vs 60hz 480i/p the first time I ran it, but never since.

7. mercantigo

Newcomer mercantigo Advanced Member

Brazil
    U need to make the SSBB update or Wii Chess update, from a your region game. Mario Kart have 3.1E_v2 firmware inside, and even if u have 3.2, you need it. So, you only will be able to run this game if you have played those games and updated from it. WBB won`t work if you dont have these updates.

8. sosodef

Member sosodef GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm also having the same problem, I have a NTSC Wii updated to 3.2u.

Someone told me that it may be that I need to update my Wiikey to 1.9s. But everytime I try, my Wii doesn't recognize the Wiikey update disc. But all my other games still work on my Wii ???

i heard that the Wiikey disc 1.9s was not worth downloading, and that there is another released that may work, anybody know about this also?

Brawl NTSC works fine on my Wii and I did download the update on the disc.

Thanks sososdef