Hacking Unable to read Disc

WooFerPPK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i have the "backup" copy of SSBB. I burned it onto a dual layer disc. The wii seems to recognize the game and allows me to start, (i guess that means my lens isnt dusty
tongue.gif
) it starts up, asks if i want to save and finally when the intro video is about to play it gives me an error saying "Disc cannot be read" in a green background

im going to try and open the wiikey config because i think maybe the wii is reading it to slow? and i think i remeber there being an option for drive speed? i dont even know if thats the problem. The video plays for a split second if i dont save but it loses sound in half of a second and errors out. and that didnt do anything
frown.gif

any suggestions?

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like either a bad burn or bad media. Try burning it again at slower speed and if that fails I would consider trying different media. For reference I have used the Verbatim DVD+R DL discs and can confirm they work fine burnt @ 2.4x.

bsmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same exact issue, and I've burnt it 3 times, the 3rd time specifying a layer break in imgburn. No dice
frown.gif

WooFerPPK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like either a bad burn or bad media. Try burning it again at slower speed and if that fails I would consider trying different media. For reference I have used the Verbatim DVD+R DL discs and can confirm they work fine burnt @ 2.4x.
alright ill try again at a slower speed, if that doesnt work i guess ill have to bite the bullet and spend another $20 on some kind of memorix dvd's

Also for some reason the wiikey config doesn't work anymore after i changed some settings, it just gives me an wii error and asks me to reset
frown.gif

petzter

Trophies
XP
Country
I have also that problem. I used wiikey config 1.3 and changed the driver speed to 6x and now wii make weird noises.:S

foudi_kuti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What DVD burner do u use? I have a LG-8146b drive, but it says it cant read the ssbb cd
frown.gif
..its faulty or somethin..even though its brand new...what else should I use? Or is there something messed up with my dvd burner..

ChiGGz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One more to the list.
Goes through intro, but cuts near the end of the character line, then proceeds to title and 2 secs later disc read error.

Sounds like it may be an issue with the ISO?

Did you all happen to get it off of newsgroups?
I also have dual channels.
(played jap ver and did the update)

otakutrevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.Put in the DVD9 version
2.green error
3.Put in DVD5 version
4.Then it will start normally
5.Eject DVD5 version
6.Insert DVD9(dual layer) copy

enjoy

otakutrevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I JUST TOLD YOU

2.green error
3.Put in DVD5 version
5.Eject DVD5 version

enjoy

foudi_kuti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont get what u mean..when i put the game in my computer dvd burner..its not reading..im not getting any green error or anythin..and what do u mean by DVD 5?

ChiGGz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
otakutrevan said:
I JUST TOLD YOU

2.green error
3.Put in DVD5 version
5.Eject DVD5 version

enjoy

Crashes at instructions. But as long as you dont let it idle to then its working so far.

Let's see how long.

foudi_kuti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no one still hasnt answered my questions..why wont my COMPUTER DVD BURNER READ THE SSBB CD WHEN I TRY TO DUMP/BURN IT?? im using a LG DVD burner..but its not reading it

ChiGGz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
foudi_kuti said:
so.........whats WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER DVD BURNER..WHEN I TRY TO BURN IT..IT SAYS IT CANT :@:@:@:@:@:@:@

STFU
Wrong thread. This is about people trying to get the game working in their WII.
holy shit

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue some people are having, even with good burns of the game, is due to the fact that some Wiis have a hard time reading the dual-layer disks. Nintendo's put out an official statement saying they will "clean" your "dirty laser" for free, but seeing as how most of us here have voided our warranty, they will probably charge you for the "cleaning" and in fact replace your wii with a brand spanking new D2C.

Because I can assure you that cleaning the laser does nothing at all to help with these errors, I have to assume that this is a flaw with some of the launch Wiis hardware, and Nintendo knows it, so they're offering the "cleaning" for free. Never in the history of game consoles has dust in your system been repairable/cleaned for free. Dust and smoke around and in your console is user error, and is not Nintendo's responsibility, so why would they offer their assistance now? Just play the DVD5 copy and be happy with it, because you're either going to have to buy another Wii and the game to play SSE, or send in your precious launch console with a slim chance of getting it back.

ChiGGz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
UPDATE:!

Used ImgBurn instead of clone CD. Still burned it @ 4x again using Verbatim but I think I used a different batch. Made in Singapore vs Made in Taiwan. My DVD's are mixed up but I think I was using a different DVD than before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: $12 large any style pizza deal