Unable to read disc problems.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by zidanej, Jul 6, 2007.

Jul 6, 2007
  1. zidanej
    OP

Newcomer zidanej Member

United States
    I got a Wiinja V2 installed on my Wii and I've had some unable to read disc problems. I unplug my Wii everytime I turn it off since running it in standby mode seems to keep the modchip on which leads to the DREs. Usually I'll get one game going when the Wii is fresh from just being turned on, but if I play it continuously and want to try another game I have to try a bunch of times to even have a chance of getting it running. I'm using Verbatim DVD-Rs so I don't think the medium is the problem. Anyone else have this issue or a fix/advice for me?

2. WrathofGod

Member WrathofGod GBAtemp Regular

United States
    it very well could be the media. When i first started with openwii i had this problem but after tinkering with media and stuff it worked ok. also i used the setup disc and as soon as i did that for some reason it works pretty much all the time now.

3. zidanej
    OP

Newcomer zidanej Member

United States
    setup disc? I actually had someone else install my modchip so I have no clue where I can find any sort of setup disc to use. Also, what kind of changes did you do to the media in order to get the stuff to work?

4. WrathofGod

Member WrathofGod GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i'm guessing wiinja doesn't have a setup disc as i looked at there site and couldn't find one :/ As for my media I use fujifilm dvd-r always have for gamecube/wii. I do have occasional problems if i burn faster than 2x but if i burn t 1 or 2x they work every GODDAMN TIME [​IMG] W00t? I dunno why but they jsut do. SO it could be media or how fast your burning.

also you might try there forums here

http://www.wiinja.com/Foros/

5. zidanej
    OP

Newcomer zidanej Member

United States
    I'll take a look around the forums. Thanks a bunch for the help Wrath. =) If anyone else had any advice I'd really appreciate it!