Hacking Unable to re-install Homebrew Channel - Help please!

dabossman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would appreciate some help on this issue, and apologies in advance if the solution is already posted here (have searched but with no luck).

FYI - I have followed the simplistic mode guide successfully on 5 mates Wii's and am having a problem on number 6.

This Wii had firmware 3.4e when I started.

I have completed the following steps:

Updated to 4.2e with Homebrew Channel installed and NAND backup created

On completion of “Restoring the Trucha Bug” I exited to find the Homebrew Channel upside down.

However I carried on and completed “Installing the cIOS & Patching the System Menu ISO”

I then uninstalled the Homebrew Channel (something I have down previously to resolve the upside down issue) then attempted to re-install the Channel using Bannerbomb.

This is where I have the problem, as I am unable to run Bannerbomb via the SD Card Menu or via Data Management\Channels\SD Card. In both instances I see channel with a “?”

Any help on this would be great.

Cheers
JC

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
make sure u are using the right version of bannerbomb for the system menu or it wont work, also dont have anything else in there private directory as it will prevent from working

shouldnt have uninstalled hbc just should have installed overthe top so it could change the ios it used

dabossman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the advise, you were of course correct. I was using the wrong Bannerbomb version for my upgraded system menu.

Thanks again.

Cheers
JC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs