Hacking Unable to play some Wii games with FAT32 USB drive

CalicoSkies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all - I just joined today. I've seen similar questions but am still unclear on a solution. I just recently modded my Nintendo Wii, and one thing I'd like to do is to play Wii games saved on a USB drive. Currently I'm using Configurable USB Loader (I've also tried WiiFlow, but it doesn't seem to work as well) and IOS 249, and I'm using a Sandisk 128GB USB flash drive. I've found that if I format it with WBFS, then I can load and play all Wii games from it without a problem. However, I'd like to have it formatted with FAT32 so I can put Wii games and other things on it (such as Playstation games for use with a Playstation emulator). I've found that with FAT32, some games work but others don't. For instance, Wii Sports and Donkey Kong Country Returns both load and play, but with New Super Mario Bros. Wii and some others, it will hang when trying to boot the game. Is there another Wii game loader or a newer IOS that might work better? Does NTFS work well with a Wii these days? I've seen a lot of posts (old and newer) where people mention IOS 248, 249, and 250, and various loaders.

CalicoSkies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies. I formatted the drive with Easeus Partition Manager.
I wouldn't have thought a HDD would work better than a flash drive.. Part of the thing is that these days it's hard to find an external USB hard drive in the size I'd want for the Wii. I'd probably only need 64GB or 128GB, and these days most of the USB hard drives I see are at least 1TB or so. I just checked Best Buy, and even a 128GB USB hard drive is about $80. For that price, I just recently bought a 2TB USB drive for my PC..

CalicoSkies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a regular USB hard drive today (Western Digital 1TB USB), and it seems to be working better with the Wii. Also I was using Configurable USB Loader previously but ended up using USB Loader GX, as that seems to work better with this new USB drive.

I don't think I really need 1TB for the Wii but it was the smallest & least expensive USB hard drive I could find at Best Buy. And they price matched Amazon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night