Hacking Unable to play particular n64 ROMs at stable framerate with wii64

Jacob91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone give me some troubleshooting tips to help me figure out how/if it's possible to stabilize the framerate of certain n64 ROMs in wii64 to make them playable without significant spikes in framerate?

In particular, most Super Mario 64 ROM hacks (but strangely, not all) run very choppy and are made unplayable by the framerate allowed by all the settings permutations I've tried. For some, this can be explained by the significant increase in rendering load I suppose, but this isn't a rock solid explanation as Super Mario 74 runs fine in the opening world whereas Super Mario 74 Extreme Edition does not even though the initial overworld is almost identical.

Any tips to improving framerate or possibly fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated, I'm not sure where to go from here.

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N64 emulation (via emulator) on the Wii is hit or miss at best. Most games don't run great.

Look for Not64, it's a mod of Wii64 that added some additional compatibility after Wii64 support was discontinued.

Although your best option for N64 emulation is gonna come from N64 Virtual Console games that are installed on an emulated Nand and running in a Neek environment. The only problem is that you'll be limited to which N64 games are available.

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this make them run any better than just installing them as VC games?
No. They'll run equally as well. With the added benefits of not having to worry about filling up your real Nand, or possibly bricking your Wii by installing bad/unknown wads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM