Unable to play any non PAL/EUR region dumps.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Shadowlurker, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Shadowlurker
    OP

Shadowlurker GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2009
    Ive been having an issue loading games (I thought it was pretty much all games) but I think I've deduced the problem I'll put my previous problem in a spoiler bar.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Today I tried a different TP but this time in EU and it seemingly worked, transition scenes are about 10 seconds long but I've been told that's normal. so my hypothesis is that my Wii U and loadiine are unwilling to play any US regioned stuff, though HW was EU, I've also heard from a few people that Updates can sometimes break compatibility (I'd appreciate confirmation on that though).

Has anyone else had this issue or is my Wii U unique? EU WW Edition Wii U, 5.5.1, 64GB Sandisk Ultra micro SD if you need that information.

2. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    That's really strange. Loadiine is not region-locked and I have not heard this problem. Maybe the SD card is formatted wrong? What is the structure?

3. Shadowlurker
    OP

Feb 11, 2009
    It's formatted in 64k clusters Fat32 (tried 32k as well), structure should be correct as well otherwise they wouldn't show up in Loadiine or even attempt to boot, ex SD:\wiiu\games\THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Twilight Princess HD [AZAP01]\, but speaking of TP, I just encountered the wierdest glitch that I can't find any information about anywhere, After meeting Zelda in the twilight hyrule at the beginning of the game and being sent back to Ordon, I was wolf link but everyone assumed I was normal link as if twilight events never happened and it happens every time, I think either a folder is misplaced or this dump too is broken I'm cursed.

Last edited by Shadowlurker, Jun 26, 2016
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    With a lot of Wii U games, if you're playing an out of region game you have to rename some folders to match the language/region settings of your console.
    Look in the game folders of the non-working games, if you see any folders or files with names such as "US", "USA", "USA_en" or similar, you probably have to rename/copy those folders to match your region/language. Generally it's best to download games from your region whenever possible so you avoid these issues.
    Also, always make sure the "code", "content" and "meta" folders are not inside another folder in the game folder, as sometimes games will have a "data" and "system" folder and they will show up in Loadiine but not load.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Jun 26, 2016
  5. Shadowlurker
    OP

Feb 11, 2009
    Screenshot of the odd Twilight Princess bug
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

I can find no report of such an error ever happening, so I could be the first lol, apparently Wolf Link can travel through time and break the game.

Last edited by Shadowlurker, Jun 26, 2016
  6. riddle43

riddle43 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2008
    United States
    Mich USA
    i have been helping a friend with the same issue we figured it may be corrupted downloads that is causing the issue, also if you are downloading .7z make sure your using 7zip to unpack them or you will have this issue at least its what i have found out with helping people out with this problem. good luck

7. Shadowlurker
    OP

Feb 11, 2009
    Corrupt files could indeed be the cause as well, I mean it could just be a coincident that the only ones that have worked for me are EUR games, as an update to the Twilight Princess issue in case anyone else gets it, I used Uwizards NUSdownloader to update TP and it appears to have fixed the issue as it now loaded the cutscenes correctly, no more time traveling wolf link.

8. riddle43

riddle43 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2008
    United States
    Mich USA
    i would say try to download another copy or see if you can insure that you download is in good shape also make sure your all up to date with your loader as well but good luck :)

9. Shadowlurker
    OP

Feb 11, 2009
    I just got a different dump of HW but it appears to be in the old Loadiine format, not sure what to do with it, is it just a simple rename job? or do I have to find another dump?
    [​IMG]

Last edited by Shadowlurker, Jun 27, 2016
  10. EstPC13

EstPC13 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    In your mind
    Woah! That's some 1.0 shit right there!

11. Shadowlurker
    OP

Feb 11, 2009
    Yeah it is, not sure if it's usable though..

12. EstPC13

EstPC13 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    In your mind
    I believe it is, try looking up Loadiine 2.0, I think that's where they changed it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Found it!: https://gbatemp.net/threads/old-loadiine-backup-loader-for-wiiu-5-3-2-only-no-5-4-no-5-5.398623/

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

From the thread: