OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm no newbie when it comes to computers, but I was wondering why when I try to move a 4.37GB Wii game ISO from my C drive to my external it says I don't have enough space. The external has nearly 140GB free space, defragged it, and ran a disc cleanup amongst other things. I'm currently compressing the file, but it's taking a while. Any ideas?

EDIT: I should add I just moved 9GB of avi files to the very same drive, from the same drive. I'm thinking the ISO's size is too big?

EDIT^2:I think I answered my own question. The external drive is formated in FAT32, which has a max file size of around 2GB. I'm in the middle of converting it to NTFS Apparently Windows XP has such an application built right into it, nifty.
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You already answered the question but just to point out your zip program should have the option to split the files into chunks. Combine this with zero compression and tell it to make it on the drive is a nice workaround.

Also comes in handy when making discs and you only have single layer ones around.

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Yes i had the same problem trying to move a dvd image to a FAT32 USB HDD. I moved all the files to my desktop HDD. Formatted the USB HDD then tried again no joy as it was still fat32. I thought the drive was F**ked. Then goggled a bit and found out FAT32 is limited to 2GB file sizes. Changing it to NTFS worked. The reason i had it as Fat32 was so it was recognised by Ubuntu. But since the new version Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) recognises NTFS all is good.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
2GB? I thought it was limited at 4GB?

Whatever, doesn't really matter, I had the same issue when trying to download a 5GB ISO, although I'm slowly cleaning up the drive and am planning to format it into NTFS pretty soon.

Artimes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well you just run the following commands in the command prompt window

'convert drive letter: /fs:ntfs'

For example 'convert e: /fs:ntfs'

It them prompts you for the drive label (aka it's name). Mine was USB-HDD.
Let it run and your files should all be converted, and no need to format the drive.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Well you just run the following commands in the command prompt window

'convert drive letter: /fs:ntfs'

For example 'convert e: /fs:ntfs'

It them prompts you for the drive label (aka it's name). Mine was USB-HDD.
Let it run and your files should all be converted, and no need to format the drive.

I knew about that, but I'd rather format it. I think there's actually something wrong with it, because it isn't working at the same speed that it used to. That's the reason I would prefer a reformat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: