Hacking Unable to mount CTRNAND or load CTRNAND firm

RTR101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I foolishly followed this video on how to clone any 3DS game without looking at the description, "Old to New", in an attempt to copy the Ambassador Certificate and the 20 Ambassador Games.

I followed every step until 4:11 where I dumped the ctrtransfer.bin and rebooted my new 3DS XL and got stuck with this error.
"Unable to mount CTRNAND or load CTRNAND firm"
Pressing Power + Start or Select still works but I'm unable to access my 3DS's home menu. I tried to clear my SD card (32gb) and inserted the previous SD card information backup and still get the same results.

The new 3DS XL software is at 11.13.0-45u
Luma and Homebrew are at their latest updated firmware.
How can I fix this?

Last edited by RTR101,
Reactions: Shadow#1

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I foolishly followed this video on how to clone any 3DS game without looking at the description, "Old to New", in an attempt to copy the Ambassador Certificate and the 20 Ambassador Games.

I followed every step until 4:11 where I dumped the ctrtransfer.bin and rebooted my new 3DS XL and got stuck with this error.
"Unable to mount CTRNAND or load CTRNAND firm"
Pressing Power + Start or Select still works but I'm unable to access my 3DS's home menu. I tried to clear my SD card (32gb) and inserted the previous SD card information backup and still get the same results.

The new 3DS XL software is at 11.13.0-45u
Luma and Homebrew are at their latest updated firmware.
How can I fix this?
This is a fine example kids NEVER FOLLOW YOUTUBE GUIDES!!!

RTR101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, if it's from the same 3DS.
Everything is working again aside from a few applications missing due to using an older backup. I appreciate the help. Thank you!
How can I copy games from one system to another without repeating history?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is working again aside from a few applications missing due to using an older backup. I appreciate the help. Thank you!
How can I copy games from one system to another without repeating history?
You can copy legitimately purchased titles from one 3DS to another using a system transfer.

Pirated games have to be reinstalled from cia files.

RTR101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are both systems with cfw or just one?
Both were recently modded via R4i Gold + and software files added to the SD cards. All games so far are legitimate. Both systems use a different NNID.
You can copy legitimately purchased titles from one 3DS to another using a system transfer. Pirated games have to be reinstalled from cia files.
In my scenario, I can't use a system transfer as both systems use two different NNID accounts.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both were recently modded via R4i Gold + and software files added to the SD cards. All games so far are legitimate. Both systems use a different NNID.

In my scenario, I can't use a system transfer as both systems use two different NNID accounts.
Then you need to install cia files for the games you want. Saves can be copied from one system to another using something like Checkpoint.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying. +1