Hacking Unable to mount CTRNAND, but just when i use ds games

SrLotad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, i'm new to the whole "3ds hacking" thing. Followed some tutorials and i got it running 3ds games perfectly. And it still does.
Now, i wanted to do the same with ds games so i followed other tutorial to instal TWilight, nds forwarder and so on and so forth.
I got a couple of ds games installed but when i open them up i get the famous "Unable to mount CTRNAND" error. Now, i looked it up online and i saw multiple threads about it, but only about consoles not even booting correctly, which is not exactly my case.
Now, my question is: Do i follow the same tutorials as the other cases mentioned, or is there an specific way of fixing my problem?

May seem like an obvious question, but again, i'm new to this and i don't want to fuckup my 3ds

SrLotad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I don't know if this will help but this worked for me. I went to settings and updated my Nintendo. Everything worked after that
Surprinsingly that worked! My 3ds had the last update, but there was like a "ghost update" of some sort. I didn't know about that. None of the tutorials that i watched mentioned that. But anyway, thanks!!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Surprinsingly that worked! My 3ds had the last update, but there was like a "ghost update" of some sort. I didn't know about that. None of the tutorials that i watched mentioned that. But anyway, thanks!!
If one or more system title(s) is missing (or not latest version) the updater will download and install the latest version for each one. The version number that can be seen in System Settings is not enough to be sure no update is available.

Seems some TWL related title was missing on your 3DS.

Good luck and have fun!

s1aught3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this worked for me! thank you very much. my 3DS showed the latest firmware but I updated anyways and twilightmenu worked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night