Hacking Unable to load save in SS?

Spazzmaticus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I have a problem.
Seeing as how Soul Silver has a tendency to freeze every now and then on my Supercard DSone, I decided to play it on no$GBA instead. This worked pretty well, and I got quite far into the game. I also realized that the emulator is capable of exporting saves in .sav format, thus enabling me to import them on my Supercard DSone and playing them there. Seems great for backup purposes.
At first this worked well. I traded the save between emulator and NDS a few times but now things have turned bad. Importing the save seems to work ok. The game loads on my Supercard and I get all the way to the menu where you select you save file. When I select it the screens go black and the game freezes every time. I tried loading the save with another application that supports the .sav file format and it worked fine, so I don't think the file itself is corrupted. Other games oif this type would tell you if that was the case, so I'm pretty sure that corruption is not the issue.
How do I get the NDS to load the save game without freezing, and why did it work before but not now? Any help would be appreciated. The file can still be played on my PC, but it's just not the same as on the real deal.

Spazzmaticus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Correct save size (512 kb). It works between DeSmuME and no$GBA. On the DS I can see the save, but loading it makes it go black. Save save size and type on both emulators. Thx for the input, though.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
How far into the game are you? HGSS have an as of yet uncracked anti piracy that makes the game freeze progressively and eventually stop loading the save if you get too far.

Spazzmaticus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That could be it. I have 15 hours and 7 badges. Quite a lot of time, which is why I don't want to lose the progress. When does the freezing occurr?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The freezing occurs after the following things have happened around 30-50 times: going in/out houses, talking to people, etc. I was told on the official forums that they contacted the team(which is chinese) and told them of the issue, but upon google translating the thread I realized they were WAY OFF. I signed up myself and tried to explain things the best I could. http://bbs.supercard.sc/viewthread.php?tid...age=2#pid175075

Spazzmaticus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

Source format: No$gba (.sav)

Target format: ... SuperCard One ... (.sav)
Yeah, I'm aware. That's not the problem. The format is the same on Supercard, no$GBA and desmume. They all save as RAW (.sav) format. Like I said, it wouldn't work at all on Supercard if the format was wrong.
Thanks for the input.

Cawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may already know, but the AP gets worse after each badge you get. It's rumored that after you get the fourth badge, your save file won't even load up. If you have seven badges and this rumor is true (pretty sure it is as there have been numerous reports of it...), you won't be able to play it on your supercard until a new OS or a patch comes out. Idk, but you may still be able to play it on No$gba...

Spazzmaticus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, thanks for the feedback! If it is true, I guess I can live with that. I don't mind a slight hiatus until the patch comes out, I just don't want to lose my progress.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Leo could not withstand communism.