Hacking Unable to install smash bros

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my switch is on 7.0.1, not sure if that’s the issue but I recently deleted smash bros because when trying to play it, I got a message corrupted data detected, this isn’t the first time I got that message, I remember at a time restarting my switch or reinstalling the cfw world fix that issue but it didn’t and at times what I did was use the copy I have on my hard drive to reinstall the game. The thing is for whatever reason goldtree or tinfoil is unable to install the game but when I try another nsp everything seems to work. I thought about network install but when I do that boop gets to 68% right away but the download speed from there doesn’t move. I’m thinking this has to do with my firmware version somehow but I’m not sure, I only say I’m thinking it’s my firmware because when I use to reinstall this game I was not on 7.x.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend doing the following to troubleshoot:
  1. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (Atmosphere, Kosmos, etc.)
  2. Download the latest Atmosphere from github
  3. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  4. Download these signature patches
  5. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  6. Put the SD into your Switch
  7. Boot your Switch into RCM
  8. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
  9. Install your games using this version of Tinfoil: https://tinfoil.io/

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m using fat32, currently game is installing, i didn’t delete anything, just changed tinfoil, took me a while to figure out how to use this version, I’m use to using the older version of tinfoil. Didn’t realize I needed to make an extra download to install games. I’ll let you know if the game works after install is done.

edit
it installed back to corrupted data, now I will follow the original steps i was told, I wanted to see if I was able to avoid that, since smash was the only game that had issues.
Edit
Didn’t have to install smash again but deleted and getting back atmospheres files did the trick, I could have just done this in the first place but I needed to know if it was actually necessary just in case this issue occurred again.

Thank you for your help @Lacius

Last edited by fst312,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, no