Unable to get bannerbomb to install HBC.....

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by manstabber, Jul 9, 2009.

1. manstabber
    OP

Newcomer manstabber Newbie

United States
    i was doing a tutorial to downgrade my 3.4u wii to 3.2.
    when i went to ios downgrader i was getting a black screen.
    i was told to use this "Trucha Bug Restorer" to "fix my cios"

after a couple of tries i got it all to work.

i then switched back to my sd card files for downgrading and er... other stuff...
    so i ran ios downgrader and it Worked perfectly. Finally no black screen.

the next step in my guide was to install cios38r13, but this was already done by the T.B.R. process so i skipped it

the next step would have been to use cios downgrader to downgrade from 3.4u to 3.2u....
    but after rebooting from a succesful "ios downgrader process" when i try to go to home brew channel i get a black screen of death...

i tried to delete hbc and reinstall the way i had done many times with bannerbomb.

but now when i try bannerbomb (all the different versions available) together with every different version of HBC i can find i get this black screen of death.......

i would greatly appreciate any helpful hints anyone might have for me to get HBC installed again.

i am not totally sure but it seems like bannerbomb is doing its job, but after the "if you payed, you got scammed" screen, it just sits on black screen and the 1p controller light stays on and connected (most other black screens i get, the controller loses connection fast"

would it be ok to just upgrade my wii to 4.0, and install HBC then try to downgrade it back to 3.4 or ideally 3.2?

2. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    No, it was not.

Updating to 4.0 is safe.

3. manstabber
    OP

Newcomer manstabber Newbie

United States
    ok cool its safe. but do you think it will help me with my weird bannerbomb wont load anything problem