unable to format micro sd

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Ludvigsson, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Ludvigsson
    OP

Ludvigsson Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2006
    Just bought a brand new micro SD and now win xp wont let me format it. it just says : "The disk in drive H cannot be formatted". I´m using the SD-adapter that came with the card. Dont have a cardreader, could this affect it?

Thankful for any help!

Markus

2. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    Did you check to make sure the write protect switch on the adapter isn't set to 'On'? [​IMG]

3. Ludvigsson
    OP

Ludvigsson Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2006
    I´m guessing by that you mean the thing mentioned as "lock"? In that case I´ve made sure its not on "lock", although I have tried both of it.

edit: I´ve checked it again, its definately not write-protected

4. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    Could be your card reader, or your card could be bad...

5. neojei

neojei GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2006
    United States
    Small change Windows is being stupid, and something is corrupted in the registry, lol, it's happened to me once where I just reformated the comp, and it worked, but it was for a floppy disc when I did this. I'd say its your card maybe. Try formating it on a differenct computer.

6. Ludvigsson
    OP

Ludvigsson Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2006
    That cardreader was built-in on my laptop, maybe that caused the problems. Anyway I know used my other computer and connected the micro-sd through my PDA, and it worked. Not the best way but what do you do [​IMG]

7. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

May 6, 2006
    United States
    It really depends on how finicky the card reader is. I know the SD card reader on my dell laptop don't like certain cheapie SD cards but it always works with the more typical stuff like sandisk.