Hacking Unable to connect online in vWii mode on wifi (no security)

Pootissqaured

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(if this is in the wrong section mods feel free to move it, sorry)

I have a Wii U that I homebrewed a whiles back, and its been working very well, though I never tried the vWii much. I brought my Wii u to college, and they have a console specific wifi network that has no security/password, but has a MAC address whitelist. I grabbed the MAC address from the Wii U settings, added it to the to the schools MAC whitelist, and the Wii u went online without an issue. Playing games online, connecting to content, all that.

But now I am trying to do something online on the vWii, and no matter what I do, It wont go online. The wii shop reports error "52030," which is the error when the wii cant connect online, not that the service is discontinued. the homebrew channel, in the bottom right, reports its not connecting online. Nothing on the vwii goes online.

At first I thought it was the mac address changing in vwii mode, but after checking with a spare router, I see that the MAC address stays the same (and it still wont connect).

Any Ideas?

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may have difficulty troubleshooting this; as the school networking admins control the access points and router settings. example: someone years ago didn't want students using popular wii console on campus and blacklisted servers... Current admin didn't care about wii u but never bothered to remove what a former admin had added. Thus you might not ever get it working easily yourself.

One thing you can check; though is whether your wii u claims the connections will work for the vwii.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1666/p/431

"When viewing the connections you have set up within the Wii U Internet Settings, a Wii logo will appear if your Wi-Fi network is compatible with Wii games."

Other things to note: wii games online features are gone; some can be patched to work. Look up https://wiimmfi.de/

Pootissqaured

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying.

The thing is that the wii u does say that it is compatible, with the wii logo on the wifi screen as you said, but it does not connect online at all.

I used another (personal, no security as a test) wifi hotspot with the vwii mode just to check, which has worked in the past. it doesnt work now either

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't know if this helps.....
My wiiu and vwii used to work fine on my previous router. After a change of router it didn't on vwii.

I had my wiiu connected through wpa2 / tkip and after good reading I noticed that tkip would not work on vwii so I changed to aes
All works fine now (probably on my previous router I also used aes)

In your case you say it is a security free connection? But is there some proxy involved or some switch which is setup as a WPA with tkip security?

Just a suggestion..... I an not a network expert

asphaltanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bump

having the same issue. funny thing to note though is in the bottom right of the wii home screen there isn't really any options when you open it like in a legitimate wii, its just the data managment now

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
I have this issue using a Padavan or Asus Firmware in my router, After changed to openwrt and keep the same internet configuration, vwii could connect to internet, Idk why this happens, Maybe when changes to vwii the host name do WiiU change to Vwii and the router denies to connect

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently there is a rare issue here. My WiiU connects just fine but not the vWII. I even tried turning off security on the wifi but it still doesn't connect. all vwii apps just stay "initializing network" and it never works. I just ordered this. Hopefully this fixes the issue.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MYT47EA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
if anybody here every got the answer please respond back.
Can you connect to the vwii eshop? It's closed, but you can still log on.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you connect to the vwii eshop? It's closed, but you can still log on.
nothing vwii has network access
I think this has something to do with it
unknown.png

Last edited by comput3rus3r,

Mkwiifreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this fixed my issue
Made an account here just to say THANK YOU. This is the only thing that's worked for me, I bought a different ethernet adapter years ago that didn't work so I gave up on it. Tried again and this one works!

(I can't quote the amazon link because I'm a new member)

Moobaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to say that maybe it was that the Wii U and the Wii were operating on different wifi frequencies, but that is not the case.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...standards-are-compatible-with-the-wii u?

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/...ty-Settings/Wii-Security-Settings-240446.html

So I own 3 Wii's and 2 Wii U's.

The 2 White Wii's are HACKED. Both CANNOT connect to my local network, they fail their test connection giving the 51331 code or whatever.

The Red Wii is NOT hacked in any manner. It can not connect to any networks either.

One Wii U is HACKED. It's vWii CANNOT connect to any network. No apps on the vWii can connect to the internet now. USB Loader, dIOS, etc.

The other Wii U is NOT hacked. It's Wii side CANNOT connect to the Wii Shop channel or anything else. Just times out.

Soooooo....

That tells me that ALL Wii's now can no longer connect to the internet.

Anyone show otherwise?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi