Hardware Unable to Boot up the Wii U (Error Code 160-0103)

OverClocked64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have recently purchased a used Wii U off of somebody (knowing that the system has a problem).

So I plugged in the Wii U, boot it up, I see the Wii U logo for just a few seconds, but then the screen goes black for a few seconds and then it displays me the Error Code 160-0103 message like this:

IMG_20170513_171607.jpg

(NOTE: I have not taken an image from the internet to display the issue, this is a picture I have taken of my Wii U upon booting up).

Anyway, I have done my own research and found out that this bug is quite common for people who own a copy of Super Smash Bros for the Wii U (as the game could affect the operation software of the system). But after contacting the person who I have purchased off the Wii U, he told me that I have only played Mario Kart 8 and Just Dance 4 on the Wii U. So he has never played Super Smash Bros Wii U on his system.

He also told me that the error came up upon trying to mod his Wii U. (So I am pretty sure he defected some important files on the operation system which caused this issue)!

I was really hoping to know if somebody could guide me to this problem as I have tried looking everywhere on the Internet and I couldn't find anybody who related to my current problem.

Honestly, any suggestions or help would be very appreciative :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possible coldboot haxchi brick? u need to reflash the consoles if that's the case. u'll need ur otp and backup of ur NAND. I think u can use the otp only, so the otp is the most important thing to have.

OverClocked64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow did not expect any replies so soon! *this is the first time I am using this forum.

@godreborn: What do you mean by reflashing the console? Can you go more into details with this? (I have never owned a Wii U in my life until I have gotten this broken system actually).

@A Plus Ric: I am aware that I could simply ship the system to Nintendo, but I was hoping to first know if this issue can be fixable!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if that's the error code for cbhc brick, but I assumed it was when u said it only happened after the guy tried to mod his wii u whatever that means.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by ov3rkill,

OverClocked64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't you just refund it? Then get another Wii U that actually works?

Edit: Here's from the Nintendo website.
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/...ode-160-0103/Error-code-160-0103-1133496.html

Here's from gbatemp with the same problem.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/solved-...103-wii-u-semi-bricked-out-of-nowhere.398717/

I wish that was the same problem :/
I have already looked through that topic, but it seems like he doesn't have the same issue as me. (Similar, but not the same). In fact, mine is a lot worse. he at least can access some thing on his Wii U (like the menu screen). But, in my case, I can't access anything at all. Like it was stated: my Wii U just boots up with that error code.

@godreborn: Well I mean that's what the seller told me: "I tried modding that Wii U and I ended up just getting an issue on the system". Again I am still curious about this suggestion "Reflashing your Wii U". You've mentioned it earlier and I was hoping to know if you could provide me details about it :)

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@OverClocked64 if you have a backup NAND and OTP, then you can probably do what @godreborn has suggested. But I think it would take a hardware mod NAND flashing since you can't access your Wii U anymore. I'm assuming it's bricked.

Again, can't you just return it and get a refund or something?

OverClocked64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you've been scammed
the fix involves soldering and having a backup of the seeprom and otp, that you you or the seller should have made before bricking
if you dont have one, you'll need to send it to nintendo or ask for a refund and then buy a refurbished system from nintendo
you've been scammed
the fix involves soldering and having a backup of the seeprom and otp, that you you or the seller should have made before bricking
if you dont have one, you'll need to send it to nintendo or ask for a refund and then buy a refurbished system from nintendo
Well I get it is a tough issue to fix, but I mean I was just hoping to know if people couldve give me suggestions for this problem. Honestly. I don't expect an easy fix, but if I could manage to fix it, it would be amazing :)

OverClocked64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
D

Deleted User

SLC has been overwritten, best would be du-No OTP...
Ngh, we seriously need to find a way to request OTP from hardmod.

Return the system and ask for refund.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1