Hacking Question Unable to boot to OFW after restoring NAND with lower FW

KungFuJoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I restored a NAND backup (using a backup made from hekate) from when I first got my switch. I don't remember the exact FW version it was on but I know I've burned many fuses since then.

I want to basically bypass the fuse check, boot into OFW, and then update FW using official Nintendo update. My understanding is that if I use Hekate to do this, it should be relatively safe for playing purchased games online.

However, when I try to load the Stock FW option, I get an error regarding "Unknown PKG1 version Failed to launch firmware."

I'm using the latest hekate and atmosphere releases. From my very limited understanding of the boot options for hekate, booting "stock" appears to want to load fusee-secondary. I verified the folder structure listed in the config file matches what's in my SD card (basically just unzipped everything to root as described).

Not sure what I'm missing. I've read some stuff about sigpatches (which I also grabbed but didn't make a difference).

TIA and appreciate any help I can get.

KungFuJoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working. Got my payloads mixed up and was loading a much older one. Updated it and now I'm in.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Why was Michael Jackson, kicked out of boy scouts? He was up to a pack a day!!