Homebrew Unable to boot into sysNand with rxTools

MagmaLeader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an O3DS on 9.2 Firmware. I have rxTools installed, but whenever I try to boot into sysNand, it hangs on black top and bottom screens and nothing happens. I am fairly new at this, so please inform me if there is any additional information I must provide.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Emunand doesn't boot either.

Last edited by MagmaLeader,

Genesisofthewind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello MagmaLeader. I had a similar instance of what you are experiencing. I would love to help you with it (I created this account right now to try and help) I just need to know if you have your 3ds set to boot straight into your emunand (through menuhax I belive). If so its really easy to switch to the sysnand with rxtools. Let me know and I will help you as best I can.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello MagmaLeader. I had a similar instance of what you are experiencing. I would love to help you with it (I created this account right now to try and help) I just need to know if you have your 3ds set to boot straight into your emunand (through menuhax I belive). If so its really easy to switch to the sysnand with rxtools. Let me know and I will help you as best I can.
the post is 7 months old

Reactions: Hoppy

MagmaLeader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not. How do I do that? I'm such a noob at this...

the post is 7 months old
No, I posted this a little more than an hour ago. I think you looked at my join date instead.

Genesisofthewind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what I am really asking is how do you access your emunand if you are using one, other wise you are just already booting to your sysnand.

MagmaLeader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inb4 "Get Luma umg noob" :^)

It probably has to do with your RxTools setup. I recommend trying to reinstall it.
I tried reinstalling a few times and same issue. (and for anyone that suggests I use Luma instead, I am too much of a noob to figure out Luma unless there is a guide for it made specifically for noobs :P I read the wiki guide and was completely lost)

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried reinstalling a few times and same issue. (and for anyone that suggests I use Luma instead, I am too much of a noob to figure out Luma unless there is a guide for it made specifically for noobs :P I read the wiki guide and was completely lost)

Download the files, place in root of SD. Every CFW has pretty much the same installation.

Luma even has the added bonus of not needing firmware.bin.

Last edited by Townsperson,

joyoshi

ICUP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

MagmaLeader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by MagmaLeader,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black screen when booting into Luma. I am so bad at this.

EDIT: Got it to not blackscreen but I followed the last part of that guide with "Showing current NAND in system settings" and reboot, but the "Emu x.x.x" thing that the tutorial mentions should be at the top is not there.
Did you setup the configuration as told? Which was to select "Show current NAND in settings"

Hold Select while launching Luma3DS to double check.

Uziskull

Picture may not be real
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Black screen when booting into Luma. I am so bad at this.
Once again, changing CFW has proven not to be a valid answer, yet people still suggest it. Sigh.

If I were you I'd try reinstaling everything, including menuhax and setting up a new emuNAND. If it's still not working, maybe the SD card is causing the problem?

MagmaLeader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again, changing CFW has proven not to be a valid answer, yet people still suggest it. Sigh.

If I were you I'd try reinstaling everything, including menuhax and setting up a new emuNAND. If it's still not working, maybe the SD card is causing the problem?
I will do that now. However if the SD card is the problem, what exactly does that mean and what can be done?

Uziskull

Picture may not be real
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I will do that now. However if the SD card is the problem, what exactly does that mean and what can be done?
Since I haven't experienced or read about this particular problem, the problem being the SD card is a mere hypothesis. But if it really is, you might need to grab a new one.
Have you experienced some sort of error before when using the SD card for something else 3DS related? Maybe games not saving/loading correctly, or homebrew not loading source files correctly?

MagmaLeader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I haven't experienced or read about this particular problem, the problem being the SD card is a mere hypothesis. But if it really is, you might need to grab a new one.
Have you experienced some sort of error before when using the SD card for something else 3DS related? Maybe games not saving/loading correctly, or homebrew not loading source files correctly?
Nope. Not at all. Last night was the first time I had a real issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi