Unable to access 512MB Sandisk MicroSD...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jelbo, Feb 23, 2007.

Feb 23, 2007
  1. jelbo
    OP

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    I passed my SCLR and 512MB Sandisk MicroSD to my bro, and suddenly the MicroSD is inaccessible in Windows. I've tried to access it on 2 PC's (XP Pro SP2) and using 4 different readers:

* Tiny Chinese PNY MicroSD reader
    * Sandisk MicroSD adapter in legacy built-in cardreader
    * 2nd batch R4 DS MicroSD reader x2

None of them shows the MicroSD. Windows explorer just hangs or crashes. The MicroSD works fine on the SC Lite Rumble, including saving.

Any way to reformat the MicroSD or at least save the savegames from it? My bro didn't keep .sav backups [​IMG]

2. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    MicroSD adapter perhaps is faulty.

3. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    did you try changing the transflash micro sd adapter? i had that problem but turns out that the adapter got wet (from can of soda) so i used a spare one and it worked fine.

4. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Where did you get PNY microSD reader? I'm interested in getting one of those suckers. [​IMG]

5. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    uh try the official website.

http://www2.pny.com/homepage.aspx

just click on the where to buy button or buy directly from the website.

6. jelbo
    OP

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    The MicroSD adapter is fine, I tested that with other MicroSD's. The PNY and R4 readers take the MicroSD directly, and still give problems.

The PNY reader was bought from someone in China who doesn't run a business. Apparently China's the only place where they can be bought.

I guess my 512MB Sandisk is dead. I tried to recover it by swapping it in mctool (some beta I got from Sukkopero @ scdev) but it just crashed. Moonshell (that's still on it) hangs when initializing FAT stuff. My bro's digital camera complains about the SD card not being usable or something (when inserted in the MicroSD adapter).

Strange thing I noticed is that my 1GB Kingston didn't fit well in my SCLR, I could hardly get it out, it was that stuck [​IMG]

But yeah, when Windows/Linux/Camera's won't recognize/mount the card, I guess that's it. Weird thing is that my SCLR can still play and save games fine. [​IMG]