Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When trying to access 1fichier.com on Windows 10 and Windows 11 the browsers always state it's not possible and mention ERR_CONNECTION_RESET.

I already deleted the hosts file, reset DNS settings and tried different browsers and I'm having this issue for some years only on this website.

I also have this issue with other PCs on the same network and on my phone on the same network and when using different browsers when using Wi-Fi but not if using the phone's mobile network.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Did you try going in with the Cloudflare DNS?

I installed a VPN, connected to a virtual location and now I can access 1fichier but if I refresh the page many times in a row, I have HTTP ERROR 403. If I change the VPN's virtual location, I no longer have this issue until I refresh the page a lot of times in a row again (I have to change the VPN's virtual location again, then).

Anyway, since I changed my DNS to CloudFare's, shouldn't I have any problems accessing this website or may a different DNS introduce other issues than this one?

EDIT: I also have to refresh 1fichier often on the phone when using Wi-Fi (but not the mobile network) to access it.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it may be your ISP messing with you.

Do use a VPN, but a reliable one and of a close distance for better speeds.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sounds like it may be your ISP messing with you.

Do use a VPN, but a reliable one and of a close distance for better speeds.

But the goal is to be able to access it without refreshing it multiple times in a row or using a VPN.

Anyway, what does a "reliable" VPN (whatever that is) and a close distance for better speeds have to do with fixing this issue in the first place?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windscribe, Proton, Nord, etc a VPN you can rely on.

And close distance, so that the speeds are good and it doesn't drop.

Reactions: zfreeman

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using Cloudflare too (Cloudflare is 1.1.1.1, right?) and I have absolutely no issues with downloading from 1-fichier. Great speed too, but I think one hour wait between each downloads. Not using any VPN.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I installed a VPN, connected to a virtual location and now I can access 1fichier.com but if I refresh the page a lot of times in a row, I have HTTP ERROR 403.

Why are you doing that? it will be 1fichier blocking you for bot like behaviour.

Anyway, since I changed my DNS to CloudFare's, shouldn't I have any problems accessing this website or a different DNS may introduce other issues than this one?

Changing your DNS only works around very basic blocking techniques, it will do nothing for Deep Packet Inspection: https://protonvpn.com/blog/deep-packet-inspection/

I don't have the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET issue when accessing 1fichier on custom Windows 10 and Windows 11 images installed on a VM before installing all the programs I want and changing their settings as well as Windows'. Why?
Your main Windows install could have something malicious interfering with your internet traffic, easily possibly you have installed something malicious if your downloading random pirated apps and installing them.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm using Cloudflare too (Cloudflare is 1.1.1.1, right?) and I have absolutely no issues with downloading from 1-fichier. Great speed too, but I think one hour wait between each downloads. Not using any VPN.

Odd. I also have this issue in other PCs.
Post automatically merged:

Why are you doing that? it will be 1fichier blocking you for bot like behaviour.

Changing your DNS only works around very basic blocking techniques, it will do nothing for Deep Packet Inspection: https://protonvpn.com/blog/deep-packet-inspection/

Your main Windows install could have something malicious interfering with your internet traffic, easily possibly you have installed something malicious if your downloading random pirated apps and installing them.

Just out of curiosity.

So, it seems even VPN can't bypass DPI but does 1fichier have it?

But I only have this issue when accessing 1fichier and even right after installing Windows 11, so with no apps installed. I also have it in other PCs.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No idea. I don't use host files since its mostly pointless. If you wanna block, do it in your router.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No idea. I don't use host files since its mostly pointless. If you wanna block, do it in your router.

I don't want to block it. I just asked out of curiosity.

try using Jdownloader and see if you get more info than 403. Probably "IP Flood".

I used it and I could download. What are the advantages of using JDownloader besides queue?

I forgot to state that changing the VPN's country flag often doesn't prevent from having to wait before downloading again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: