Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Un-named GB Emulator for DS gets an update - 0.6

Game Boy emulator for DS by Brunni

Brunni from Player-Advance has updated his yet un-named Game Boy emulator for the DS to version 0.6.[title:GB emulator v0.6]I tried to correct these problems a little, in particular Gargoyle Quest which enabled me to put the hand on 2 bugs odd, one in connection with the timings, the other with the interruptions.
The last (planting of Dr. Mario & Tetris with the screen titrates at some) is more ashamed. Eh yes, lives the asm; at a place I re-used a register which was supposed to contain a particular value but lately I made modif higher where I call upon a function which modifies sometimes the aforementioned register => random problem with the return. I am astonished besides that in fact the only plays posed problem.
If not I still improved speed also (until more than 20% especially on the heaviest plays).

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it...

How could this new Emulator be competition for Lameboy? =P

Lameboy has sound, save support, and GBC compatibility already.

Someone care to explain?

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow, I don't think that's the point. Emulator authors often write these things as tests of skill, or to benefit the community, or whatnot. If all the emulator authors took the "oh well, there's a better emu out there already" approach, then many of the best emulators today would not exist. I mean, look at where Zsnes started compared to Snes9x, and where it ended up.

Just wait, this one may end up better than anything else out there. And Lameboy could still use a bit of work, it's not perfect yet, either (although really good).

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it...

How could this new Emulator be competition for Lameboy? =P

Lameboy has sound, save support, and GBC compatibility already.

Someone care to explain?
Its to show that theres others out there. If Lameboy was the only one out there would the developers strive to better it?

Competition benefits us gamers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse