not famous
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Supposedly new Wii's that were sold last week are un-moddable, even with the new d2c 9 wire clones.

QUOTE said:
Wii's sold in North America the last week with LU567xxxx serial numbers will not work with any of the D2C chips, including the original versions and the new 9wire clones now showing up. The console internals look the same (same drive board, same D2C markings on the chip) but, after installing a mod, backups will still not boot. It is possible that Nintendo has made some major changes to these new systems so, if you can get older D2C models, it's best to get them now!

Source: Wiinewz
Discussion Thread at Wiinewz.com

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Lisa_ said:
Phew. Lucky im not in NA
Too bad you're not in NA
frown.gif

tongue.gif

The big N may be persistent, but the scene is persistenter XD

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. I'm also betting that it will be cracked eventually. But still, I got an old D2C that I'm happy with.
smile.gif

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
this hardware updates make me feel good because it makes me feel that nintendo lefts behind all their pasts wii´s security holes to address the new ones.

FrEEz902

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Nintendo need to wake up and smell the coffee. This WILL sooner or later get cracked, they should come up with a better solution. They can make future Wiis with modchips which support homebrews, and then ban all other modchips. Don't know if they can ban all other modchips though. Also they could add a SuperBrick? system
tongue.gif
, where you can get your Wii bricked on many different occasions. E.g. Make all updates automatic, and put a check in the update/whenever the wii connects to internet for a modchip, and if present, brick the wii. Put that, along with the new 'unbrickable' Wii, and maybe games which will brick modded wiis when trying to play it, and VOILA! The cure for Wii-piracy. Also they should put something which unables modded wiis and/or pirated games to be played online, just like any PC game with online capabilities. Nintendo need to be SNEAKY!

Personally, the only reason i pirate PC games is because i can't buy them. In Egypt (where i come from), Halo 3 special edition costs (directly converted) about $150, and a WoW 60-day gamecard costs about $50. Seriously, Holy crap, i'm not gonna pay that much. If i had the money(or i made money), and they were available, i would buy ALL my games

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FrEEz902 said:
They can make future Wiis with modchips which support homebrews, and then ban all other modchips.
They hate homebrew nearly as much as piracy I think. And you do not need a modchip to run homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night