Ummm...I Updated my DSTwo With NO Error Message?!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ZenOne, Jul 5, 2012.

1. ZenOne
    OP

Newcomer ZenOne Member

Canada
    I just got a new DSTwo today and kept my 2-day old 3DS at 2.2.0U because I knew my local Mod-shop had DSTwo cards pre-updated to function on 3.x 3DS'.

I followed the instructions outlined in the STICKY but when I turned on my 3DS and chose Alex Rider Stormbreaker it simply said--"Update 1.15 to 1.16"--I hesitantly chose OK and it just went through a bar (up to 100%) and simply started working. I played Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow to verify.

How can I check to make sure it updated correctly and what firmware I am running on the DSTwo?

Lastly, with 1.16 can I update my 3DS to the most recent OFFICIAL firmware and download demos?

Thanks in advance.

2. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    Yes, yes you can.

3. ZenOne
    OP

Newcomer ZenOne Member

Canada
    Does the fact that the dstwoupdate.bat disappeared from the SD card mean that the DSTwo is fully updated?

4. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
  5. ZenOne
    OP

Newcomer ZenOne Member

Canada
    Great. Thanks a lot!

Just out of curiosity--how come I didn't have to deal with the error screen glitch? It just updated like any program, however, it did so on a 3DS and not one of the other Nintendo handhelds.

6. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Your 3DS was not updated.

7. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Simple, you updated your cart before you updated your 3DS. If you had updated your 3DS first then you would have gotten the error screen and had to update using the "dstwoupdateb.dat" trick (rename dstwoupdate.dat to dstwoupdateb.dat, start the DSTwo, and leave it on the error screen for 5 minutes).

8. ZenOne
    OP

Newcomer ZenOne Member

Canada
    Cool--thanks a lot.