OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,

I've been so away from DS scene that with browsing forums I could not understand jack, so my question is:

I have a DSTT that I used with my DS lite (along with a G6 Lite) and now getting 3DS with OoT, so are there firmwares that I can transfer to my DSTT to do it? ( I don't know what is DSTTi but it seems it can do it).

And is 3DS scene at good stage so is it worth buying a flashcart for it yet? What is the state of it's hackingnessness?

KTNXBAI.

p.s. feels good at gbatemp ... misses testing area ...

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
^His last post was in 2010.

To answer you question - no, the DSTT doesn't work on the 3DS, it doesn't even work on the DSi.
The only flashcarts that work on the 3DS are the DSi carts (Supercard2, AK2i, R4i...), and they only work for DS mode, not 3DS. In other words, you can only play DS roms on your 3DS currently, and not 3DS roms.

There are no 3DS-mode flashcarts yet, but we are getting closer - not long ago, some team managed to dump 3 3DS roms (Monkey ball 3D, Lego Star Wars III and Shadow Wars), but there is no way to play them yet.

Alex Salto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
No.
EDIT: Wait, are you are joking? You have 3,000 posts...

LOLed seem feeling ....looks like he left for a long time, but did a lot of posts before leaving.

Answer: DSTT is not working on your DSi or 3DS, should buy another flashcard, DStwo, Acekard 2i and R4i gold (r4ids.cn) will be your choose,no flashcard can play the 3DS games, you can only use those cards run DS mode on your 3DS.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Varia said:

To answer you question - no, the DSTT doesn't work on the 3DS, it doesn't even work on the DSi.
The only flashcarts that work on the 3DS are the DSi carts (Supercard2, AK2i, R4i...), and they only work for DS mode, not 3DS. In other words, you can only play DS roms on your 3DS currently, and not 3DS roms.

There are no 3DS-mode flashcarts yet, but we are getting closer - not long ago, some team managed to dump 3 3DS roms (Monkey ball 3D, Lego Star Wars III and Shadow Wars), but there is no way to play them yet.
The DSTTi does work in DSi.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamefan5 said:
Varia said:

He was talking about the DSTT.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Schizoanalysis said:
No.

closedeyes.gif

Varia said:

Thanks, the exact info I was searching for!
moogle.gif

Alex Salto said:
Schizoanalysis said:
No.

LOLed seem feeling ....looks like he left for a long time, but did a lot of posts before leaving.

Answer: DSTT is not working on your DSi or 3DS, should buy another flashcard, DStwo, Acekard 2i and R4i gold (r4ids.cn) will be your choose,no flashcard can play the 3DS games, you can only use those cards run DS mode on your 3DS.

Thanks dude.

gamefan5 said:
Varia said:

Thanks.

QUOTE(plasma dragon007 @ Jul 13 2011, 08:43 AM)
QUOTE(gamefan5 @ Jul 12 2011, 10:56 PM)
QUOTE(Varia @ Jul 12 2011, 07:27 PM)

He was talking about the DSTT.

Thanks mate.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hey guys, got me 3DS with OoT.
yaynds.gif

So besides what is on the system, what else I can do with it? Like is there games I can download or something? And about those flashcarts, does playing DS games on 3DS lets u use analog stick?

What is the point in updating it? And my internetz is 128kbps, what if it fails at middle of downloading the update, does my 3DS brick?
my 3DS is bought from Dubai, which region is it?

tnx

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
Schizoanalysis said:
No.

i have that many posts and hardly know crap about flashcards

So you've hung out on these boards for three years and somehow missed the bulk of the posts about flashcards?
Everytime there is a DSi/3DS firmware update the news about flashcard compatibility ends up on front page... But if you've missed that, OK.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Schizoanalysis said:
Maz7006 said:
Schizoanalysis said:
No.

i have that many posts and hardly know crap about flashcards

So you've hung out on these boards for three years and somehow missed the bulk of the posts about flashcards?
Everytime there is a DSi/3DS firmware update the news about flashcard compatibility ends up on front page... But if you've missed that, OK.

This is a gaming community, not a flashcard/piracy one.

@test: the 3DS does have region lock, and as i know, the 3DS's from saudi are USA / for when i went there like 1 month ago there was only US games from there; hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol