Umineko no Naku Koro ni Portable - English translation(?)

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Frederica Bernkastel, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Frederica Bernkastel
    OP

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    Hi, I know that this is probably the wrong site to be posting such a topic on, but I'm established here and this is as good a starting point as any.
    [​IMG]
    trailer

Basically, Umineko no Naku Koro ni is a very popular Visual Novel for PC, which has received an anime series and several ports to other platforms - most recently the PS3 and PSP.
    The PS3 and PSP versions are likely the best, as they use remastered sprites, backgrounds and music, but unfortunately neither of them have been released in English. With the original series of visual novels, this was not a problem as several translation teams/efforts sprang up to do almost a complete translation to English.
    The PS3 release has some attention, and I believe there are those who are working on a patch for it -- however, the PSP version is not, and I am wondering if this can be changed.
    The actual script is already available in English, thanks to aforementioned projects like Witch-Hunt. Surely from this point it should be simplistic to port over?

2. Just Another Gamer

Member Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Australia
    I would love to assist but unfortunately my skills with this stuff is very low.

1 person likes this.
  3. NicoBlogs

Member NicoBlogs Atiendo Boludos

United States
    So many cool games so little people that knows romhacking :(

4. Scorp

Member Scorp GBAtemp Regular

Kazakhstan
    So, what you could do? You could copy-paste the script (if it is really translated same as it was), correct? Or maybe you speak japanese?

Or maybe someone already did that?

5. AdanK85

Member AdanK85 Game Addict

Malaysia
    Hmm...

I know I did enjoy the anime... but somehow its ending is a little ... can't describe.

Anyway, the trailer for its psp is good.

6. X_Frost

Member X_Frost GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Anime ended roughly halfway, it gets better at Part 5.
    Also. for translation, couldn't the Witch Hunt Translation be used as a base.

7. Scorp

Kazakhstan
    What project? Even apart hacking I do not see that anyone even want to work at least as editor to check and copy-paste data which someone supposed to use.

8. Scorp

Kazakhstan
    That's a pity no one is interested in such gorgeous (visually) novel.

[​IMG]

But there is tons of image editing (even apart translation itself), so it would require a group of really devoted ppl...

But I hope, some day this one would be translated too... And we would get a truly portable Umineko.

[​IMG]