Gaming umbrella chronicles extract problem

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
im trying to extract the umbrella chronicles with winrar

iv never had problems with winrar before but to extract the file it says it will take 5 hours!

is this right!? any ideas?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get a faster HDD or turn off all the active window anitvirus crap. the bottleneck when extracting something is how fast winrar can write to the HDD. either yours is slow to begin with, or you have some bullshit active antivirus that is scanning your HDD at the same time you are writing all this huge file to it, or a combination of both

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
iv had no problem with 100's of other files....this one gives me an error message about the title being over 260 characters but iv renamed it and it still wants to take 5 hours

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Make sure you didn't use drag and drop to extract the files, use the extract button and choose the destination directory manually.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i'll scan it asap.

i always click "extract here"

and it does have a long file name, but iv tryed to change the name making it smaller but it wont rename all the parts/files in the folder and im not gonna do all of them individually...

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ummm, weirdness to be sure. I would try and use 7-Zip and see if the same problem persists. May just be a problem with WinRAR. BTW 7-Zip is safe, free, and open source in case you haven't heard of it.

EDIT: A thought crossed my mind. Is this a scene release off of usenet/newsgroups? It may be a corrupt download and you might have to repair it provided if you have the parity files to go with the archive set.

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu