Hacking Ultra noob - standard 3DS XL - just wanting to play super world world

m_lance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega-noob here. Hi there, just newly hacked my standard 3DS XL with the hopes to play Super Mario World (SNES) on it as my first game. And I’m a shithead to not realize that the fastest way to do this was to own a new 3DS. Can some help me get this game as a icon that opens up from the homescreen and not having to go through all these hoops for just this one game?

m_lance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im still getting the "only for new 3DS" prompt when I tried the link you stated was for the old 3DS, is there a special rom I need to install?
Maybe you are trying to inject the game into the official Virtual Console emulator. This emulator is limited to "New" type consoles. Using the SNES9x homebrew emulator on the other side is available for all 2|3DS consoles. Most games work very good with it. Please note that games with powerful enhancement chips (Super-FX, SA-1) perform very poorly on old models.
Super Mario World will – of course – run almost perfectly. For the following example I used SimCity (because my main computer is off and I don't have easy access to all of my files)
The third picture may show your problem.

01.png 02.png 03.png

04.png 05.png 06.png

Good luck and have fun!

m_lance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you are trying to inject the game into the official Virtual Console emulator. This emulator is limited to "New" type consoles. Using the SNES9x homebrew emulator on the other side is available for all 2|3DS consoles. Most games work very good with it. Please note that games with powerful enhancement chips (Super-FX, SA-1) perform very poorly on old models.
Super Mario World will – of course – run almost perfectly. For the following example I used SimCity (because my main computer is off and I don't have easy access to all of my files)
The third picture may show your problem.

View attachment 330836 View attachment 330837 View attachment 330838

View attachment 330839 View attachment 330840 View attachment 330841

Good luck and have fun!
Thanks. It just blows my brain that you can play games like link between worlds, or ocarina of time, but a snes game is outa the question on old 3DS XL

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks. It just blows my brain that you can play games like link between worlds, or ocarina of time, but a snes game is outa the question on old 3DS XL
Don't forget that A Link Between World is a native 3DS game running on a 3DS. SNES is a completely different device. An emulator always has a huge overhead. The machine, that runs the emulator has to be MUCH more powerful than the one it attempts to emulate.

This is true for 3DS compare to SNES, so emulation is generally possible on old type 3DS (when not having to emulate Super-FX and SA-1 which are in a way more powerful than the SNES itself).

The actual, technical background goes over my head. It depends on optimization and how different the two architectures are, but in the end more power is always better.

m_lance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget that A Link Between World is a native 3DS game running on a 3DS. SNES is a completely different device. An emulator always has a huge overhead. The machine, that runs the emulator has to be MUCH more powerful than the one it attempts to emulate.

This is true for 3DS compare to SNES, so emulation is generally possible on old type 3DS (when not having to emulate Super-FX and SA-1 which are in a way more powerful than the SNES itself).

The actual, technical background goes over my head. It depends on optimization and how different the two architectures are, but in the end more power is always better.
thank man really appreciate the help! on to SNES9!

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.