Hacking Ultra Moon freezing on 'creating additional data' - GW 11.6 EmuNAND

katedering

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried about six different roms now, including the one I ripped myself, and all of them freeze up on the "The game is preparing to load..." screen.

Is there ANY way to get this game working properly on GW? I want to be able to use PKHeX with it.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
You can't have 11.6 with Gateway? Try installing it on your sysNAND with Luma from freeShop. Update it to 11.6 if not already.

You can have most of 11.6 with GW. Assuming the OP is trying to run it as a cart then the USUM issue is probably a new copy protection that GW can't handle. Presumably running it as a cia should work even on GW.

katedering

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's running 11.6 with the workaround someone posted using "sysUpdater.cia" - and it's a .3ds file. Is there a way I can convert it to .cia?

EDIT: Plus I don't want to mess around with installing CFW stuff just yet, it's running 4.5 SysNAND at the moment and it's fairly stable.

Last edited by katedering,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It's running 11.6 with the workaround someone posted using "sysUpdater.cia" - and it's a .3ds file. Is there a way I can convert it to .cia?

EDIT: Plus I don't want to mess around with installing CFW stuff just yet, it's running 4.5 SysNAND at the moment and it's fairly stable.
You can try downloading it as a cia and installing using bigbluemenu.3ds on your emuNAND. I would encourage you to use B9S with Luma even if you still use Gateway on the side, because otherwise troubleshooting will be difficult (even if you work this out, you may have another issue later).

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: ThoD

katedering

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could find a .cia I would. But unfortunately google has failed me this time.

I -may- try out the b9s stuff later, can the luma/gateway still use the 11.6 haxNAND?

katedering

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I found a .cia finally and after it took 9 hours to import, I can safely say it works.

Now to find the right data for savefiler

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a