Ultimate Spider-Man stopped working on my R4i

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Alex*Sora*89, May 30, 2011.

May 30, 2011
  1. Alex*Sora*89
    OP

Newcomer Alex*Sora*89 Member

Italy
    Hi there! I'm back, ready to annoy you out there with my problems once again.

No, seriously, I hope the following won't bother anyone, given it's about a 2005 game.

So, here goes... today, I decided to play my Ultimate Spider-Man (I) rom on my R4i, and, surprisingly, it just... didn't feel like working. It happened just as with Jump Ultimate Stars a while ago, when people found out that, after the game actually loaded on the R4i ("Loading..." bar and all), the booting of the game was followed by two white screens. A R4i-specific working version was eventually released on the Internet.

As with the JUS example, I tried re-downloading the rom at the link below [EDIT: nope, there's no such thing - see "EDIT" below], but it doesn't work anyway.

What bugs me is that the game worked until about two or three days ago, at least. Then, today, it went, like, "screw you, enjoy playing with these two blank screens": I'm afraid this confirms that by now, on the R4i, pretty much no game is safe from screwing up whenever it feels like it (it happened with Advance Wars: Dual Strike too if I recall correctly, but it happened back when I owned an actual, original R4) - because, as mentioned, this isn't a more recent, errcode-ish title, but a pure, un-protected 2005 game. Make of that what you will.

If you think you can do anythng about it, here is the download link for the original rom:

-snip-

[EDIT: I forgot about the "No rom sites" rule, sorry. However this should give you an idea about how quickly I'd like to solve this problem.]

2. peire

Newcomer peire Member

United Kingdom
    have you updated your R4i card to the latest version? the game could have a anti piracy block on it so when you get half way through the game it blacks out (i think its called that lol) i know CSI game did but i have a scds2 and it buy passes that i originaly had a R4i sdhc thats wy the CSI game didnt work

i would edit your post about you know what so you get some replys

3. Prof. 9

Member Prof. 9 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Format your SD card.

4. peire

Newcomer peire Member

United Kingdom
    as prof. 9 said format your sd cardl if you have a panasonic sd card formater for the pc thats works good i use it all the time allways format your sd everytime you update the sd card make sure you backup everything 1st

5. Alex*Sora*89
    OP

Italy
    Really, is it a matter of formatting my SD card? I'm asking because I downloaded another copy of the rom and used it to replace mine, but to no avail, so I don't know what the difference would be (as far as I know, that is).

Also, the possibility of anti-piracy is a no-go since, as mentioned, it's a 2005 title, back when games didn't have any AP whatsoever.

It's just that my game stopped working for no reason.

As said above, remember I posted a link to a rom site because I forgot about the "no rom sites" rule, so you have my apologies.

6. peire

Newcomer peire Member

United Kingdom
    back your sd card up and do a full format then put everything back on and see if there is a newer update for your R4i card aswell

7. Alex*Sora*89
    OP

Italy
    Ok, thanks then, I'll give it a try.

Anyway, my R4i, as I said in my "errcode - nothing works" topic, is a non-V1.4 version, and it's the only one that, in the official website to boot, was last updated in Summer 2010.

Stay tuned, and I should be able to let you know within half an hour (I need to make some space in my PC before backing up).

8. Alex*Sora*89
    OP

Italy
    IT DIDN'T WORK! GAH!

What am I even supposed to do?

9. peire

Newcomer peire Member

United Kingdom
    must be a bad download IDK

10. Alex*Sora*89
    OP

Italy
    It isn't. The fact is, my ROM worked perfectly until today.

Then, today the rom went both-screens-blank for no reason whatsoever.

The rom is numbered 0349, by the way. If anyone can work out a fix for this, I'd be more than happy, considering that by now I'm settling with playing older, no-need-of-cracking games.

I'm truly desperate.

Whatever, I'm going to sleep now.

Thanks for what you've already done for me, and thanks in advance for any help you'll give me, if any. I really appreciated that.

[EDIT: I downloaded the English version, rom numbered 0135. It works. I'm still annoyed by how the Italian version of the rom simply stopped working, out of nowhere, for no reason. If you might have a clue - any clue - feel free to help.]