Tutorial  Updated

ultimate rcm solution if no jig (requires a sim card tray removal)

this process works 100 percent of the time
it requires a normal sim card tray removal tool
$_20.JPG

Instructions:

-Insert circular side in the switch rail (Edit: you want the circular part to rest on the rail below the switch's pins so that it does not short all pins)
-let the pointy side of the tool point and hang outwards
-push on the pointy side gently towards outside so that the sides of the tool bridge the pins
-hold "volume+" button while holding tool gently over nintendo switch rail pins
-and while holding "volume+" press power

P.S. pin 10 is on the right side of the rail so you want to position the tool so that its over 10 pin.
the magic arc of the pin helps so that only the other needed pins are bridged.

Last edited by Don Jon,
Reactions: jinzo

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you only need to do this once as you can activate auto rcm later via cfw, ive never heard of bricking your switch when its in the off position(but i could be wrong).
the space between the tool ensures only some pins touch.
rcm activation is done by "shortening" pin 10
in which this method achieves

Last edited by Don Jon,

Shadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OOF, I thought this was something I had in mind that I didn't ended up posting. I did achieve this but with the pointy side on the pins. Since the pointy part is actually wide enough to short pin 9 and 10, I position it just on there. Then, I push one side of the big side of the sim extractor into the Nintendo Switch's rail and the other laying on top of the other. This keeps it stable although requires some practice to make sure that you didn't bridge 9 and 8 or 10, 9, and 8 all together. This method is actually very good since the sim extractor actually doesn't fall out of place (although it feels like it) and even if it does (which happens like 2 out of every 13 times), it just flings out and doesn't short the Switch.

BTW, I used two different third party ones from different sellers (I got them from other reasons) just in case you wanted to know that so I guess it's perfect from any seller but I may be wrong. :P

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Insert circular side in the switch rail (Edit: you want the circular part to rest on the rail below the switch's pins so that it does not short all pins)
You should have less faith in humanity, also half the people who read this are 8 and don't know what they're doing.(originally some people stuffed theyer rail with tinfoil, and some literally destroyed their rail with a paperclip, like I mean crushed the contacts)

roamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the only ultimate solution is autorcm :)

get a trinket in the switch and then your dongle free for life! now thats the ultimate!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1