uLoader NAND emulation problems with Wii 4.3E

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by tittu, Feb 5, 2012.

Feb 5, 2012
  1. tittu
    OP

Newcomer tittu Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi,

Thank you for reading my post. I have a Wii which I installed homebrew using letterbomb. I did the NAND backup and installed priiloader and all the 30 WAD files etc

Now I have installed uLoader 5.1 and everytime I try to play a game it says I don't have NAND emulation on. How can I get this sorted out please? Also can you point me to the files I will need etc?

Many thanks

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Hey, I personally never got uloaders nand emu working, but they are others, see mighty channels, triiforce, postloader or wiiflow. May you get better results with them.

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Phew...uloader. That's been a while...

I take it you used modmii's guidelines for hacking the wii? (if not: I have no idea which wads you installed).

Either way...uloader needs 3 things for nand emulation:
    1. uloader (located in the normal \apps\uloader folder) you'll need this to run (obviously)
    2. cIOS'es 222, 223 and 224. They haven't been updated in years, but they're very solid cIOS'es. I'd recommend to standard installation and not try any fancy merging of other-than-suggested IOS'es.
    3. the nand itself. you can use your own backed up one (which'll have your savegames) or a fresh one created by modmii. For your own nand, you will need showmiiwads to extract that nand from the one large file into 6 to 9 folders with names like "import", "meta", "shared1", "sys" and so on. You need to place all these files on your USB drive, in a folder called "nand" (so USB:\nand\shared1, USB:\nand\sys and so on).

That's mostly it. You can use showmiiwads to install wads to that emulated nand and there is a way that uloader can do this as well (it was something like putting the wads into a USB:\nand\install folder or similar).
    For most other things, it's configuring uloader. I mostly used it to play wiiware that mighty channels/triiforce had problems with...uloader (which used 222-224 instead of Waninkoko's stuff) was actually better in that regard.
    For wii games...I have barely used it. I know it can use a WBFS partition, but if you're on a FAT32 partition, it uses a weird format (a cropped iso... I think .ciso was the extension). Which is fine if the data is lower than 4GB, but I have no idea how to use it for games that have more than 4GB data.

I know it's a bit vague, but I hope it'll help. :)

(EDIT: okay, I'll have to add that sneek/uneek used to be harder to set up back then. But that's changed for the better, so I'll just suggest you go with that.)