redmanmark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G2K said:
redmanmark86 said:
G2K said:
Hmm, I'm looking at the code for the coverflow loader (not Coverflow7.), and there seems to be a few problems that whoever made it can't fix, and it uses GRRLIB. The next loader I would look at using in this case would be the Ultimate Loader, but I'm not really sure how to set up a 3D enviroment. Would there be a tutorial anywhere?

your find in his latest release he has basically fixed all the problems with some help, It actually works perfect for me, all it needs now is some better fonts and 3D cases and im satisfied...

Well, I don't know when the latest release was released, but I'm not talking about the program crashing. I'm talking about limits in the code. I don't know if you've looked at it (which I'll presume you haven't), but there are a few comments saying things like "So and so doesn't work without this line of code, but using this code limits the so and so to 20". I'm to tired to go and find an actual example right now though.

I found some really good documentation on libwiigui's site (which didn't show up in Google, so it took me a while to find it), but there's still nothing about 3D on there. I'm obviously going to need some help there considering this *is* a 3D loader. I'm eventually going to need an assistant too, so anyone out there who can help with this would be gladly appreciated.

Actually i have been following it since its conception and now their on beta 5 your find enarly every kink is worked out... and they got past the 20 cover limit... they are very fast and very good at what they do...

they have already stated 3d support is easy if you track the issues/enhancements on the googlecode page.

In fack their looking for someone to take on the 3D boxart part, i suggest you talk to them about it, could be a beautiful partnership
smile.gif

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
redmanmark86 said:
G2K said:
redmanmark86 said:
G2K said:
Hmm, I'm looking at the code for the coverflow loader (not Coverflow7.), and there seems to be a few problems that whoever made it can't fix, and it uses GRRLIB. The next loader I would look at using in this case would be the Ultimate Loader, but I'm not really sure how to set up a 3D enviroment. Would there be a tutorial anywhere?

your find in his latest release he has basically fixed all the problems with some help, It actually works perfect for me, all it needs now is some better fonts and 3D cases and im satisfied...

Well, I don't know when the latest release was released, but I'm not talking about the program crashing. I'm talking about limits in the code. I don't know if you've looked at it (which I'll presume you haven't), but there are a few comments saying things like "So and so doesn't work without this line of code, but using this code limits the so and so to 20". I'm to tired to go and find an actual example right now though.

I found some really good documentation on libwiigui's site (which didn't show up in Google, so it took me a while to find it), but there's still nothing about 3D on there. I'm obviously going to need some help there considering this *is* a 3D loader. I'm eventually going to need an assistant too, so anyone out there who can help with this would be gladly appreciated.

Actually i have been following it since its conception and now their on beta 5 your find enarly every kink is worked out... and they got past the 20 cover limit... they are very fast and very good at what they do...

they have already stated 3d support is easy if you track the issues/enhancements on the googlecode page.

In fack their looking for someone to take on the 3D boxart part, i suggest you talk to them about it, could be a beautiful partnership
smile.gif

I think they don't really want any more people, but you never know! Besides, I can't even get 3D working on MY loader, how would I be able to do it on THEIR loader. which has completely new code! Oh, and I can't really use their code for init 3D, they use the GRRLIB library, but I'm using libwiigui. I've contacted the creator of libwiigui to see if it's possible, and if not, well, time to learn a new library!

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Grrr... Having some compiling issues now. For the time being, I've come up with an official name and logo.

UL:TD Ultimate is the name. UL:TD stands for "USB Loader: Third Dimension" Any opinions?

ULTDULTIMATEcopy3.png

Also, I was thinking maybe the loader could have more than one viewing option, like a few people have said. I was thinking of something like the 360's menu, but darker and grayscale, with a carousel on the left side of the screen with the games going into the distance and offscreen. Or maybe the 360 dark thing, but actually LIKE the 360, and if possible, with Mii support
biggrin.gif
. Oh, and maybe what ever this "normal" thing you guys are talking about
tongue.gif

But really, I'm getting ahead of my self here... one step at a time, right?

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to update: This loader is probably going to be ignored by everyone now, what with the current level that the other loaders are at, and with Kylling's loader (as well as Hibern's) going to be presumably better than mine, but could anyone say if they still want mine? I'm still trying to figure out the inner workings of some stuff but I might (emphasis on might) get a release out by the end of next week?

tommyv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please I want it too, if you get it working like in the video believe me it will crush the other loaders as yours is way superior, the other ones are somehow ugly, yours looks superb, go ahead and keep it up, please.

tommyv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People start putting attention to things when you give them something that works, when yours is working like in the video, believe you are going to get quite an attention.

tommyv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also if you really think about it there is nothing like your project out there, coverflow 7 is dead and never was a true cover flow, the other coverflow is quite nice but doesn't look quite as polished and beautiful as your project, about Kylling's loader as well as Hibern's, i'm not aware of those projects, so yours is quite unique and if you do it right it could turn to be the next BIG thing believe me, people are looking for something like you are doing.

mverason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G2K, I'm sure everyone will want yours once you put a release to it. I think the GBAtemp community has gotten so much talk but no show on an overall basis (As they say, talk is cheap) that people lose trust of the idea unless something can be shown. At first when you hadn't shown a video, I viewed it as a impossible idea and certainly had large doubts about someone taking on this project themselves. But I must say, you proved me wrong and certainly impressed me!

Looking over the video, I must say this is a fabulous USB Loader! And it's certainly one I cannot wait any longer for either! I've stopped my Wii for about a month now just for Hibern's USB Loader. But now, I must say I think I'll be using this one instead. I love the graphics interface of this; it's as close to the official Nintendo one as it can get. Keep up the great work G2K!

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lavamasta said:
G2K said:
Ive spent the past few days making a video mockup of what I'm aiming for. Tell me what you think?
dude i alredy saw this video a while back...
I don't get it, what's your point? Check the youtube page, it was only up'd 2 or 3 weeks ago, and it IS by me... (G = gaph, 2k = 2000)

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lavamasta said:
G2K said:
Ive spent the past few days making a video mockup of what I'm aiming for. Tell me what you think?
dude i alredy saw this video a while back...

i also saw that video while ago ,

my roommate just confirm me that he already saw that video on my PC screen ,

don't remember if it was Gianpunt , or Don Killah , Cdream ... but i already saw that video

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wasn't my video but i remember seeing it already. and what does that have to do with anything? i've seen debbie does dallas several times and it's still good.

and it's not Gianpunt like a football kick. it's giantpune as in great big vagina.

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It WAS MY video! I already told you to look at the YouTube account! And if you don't believe me, I still have the files that make up the video as well as the Adobe After Effects project right here! But enough arguing, the thread isn't about that, so keep it on topic please and thank you.

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mverason said:
G2K, could you by any chance tell us how the progress of the project's going?

Well... I don't want to dissapoint anyone, so I worked on it today for almost the whole time I was home, but I really can't say how much longer it will be. I had prepared myself with as much knowledge as possible of libwiigui, then I found out no one really knows how to implement 3D in it - not even it's creator! So I had to completly switch over to GRRLIB, which I'm still trying to learn. Sorry for the wait guys
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol