UK Top 40: Uncharted: Golden Abyss claims top spot for Vita

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Good for Vita. Let's wait for more data, we will have clearer picture then.

Also,

24owso6.jpg
this pic is so unfair, guild has four hands!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this pic is so unfair, guild has four hands!

And large titties.

But I'd enjoy seeing what the console sales are. Also I want to see how the develop over time. Then I can properly laugh and also enjoy my sweet western games when the shitty Japanese market dies off with their inferior games.

Except for Dissidia, you can bring that over at least.

Reactions: 1 person

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Well, well, well.
Good for the Vita.
TAKE THAT 3DS NOOBZ.
phoenix-document(b).gif

Too bad the 3DS launch topped the Vita launch in sales.There's no grounds to do a 'take that' against the 3DS if you have no comparison figures

In any case, no surprises here. It's not as if the Vita didn't sell at all, and people buy games when they buy a new system.

Moving along...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
your on your way vita :)

hopefully one day it will self half as good as the 3DS

Why? There's no need for the Vita to occupy that big a market share and i'd doubt even Sony are aiming that high. It needs a niche where it makes money, not half the handheld demographic. Frankly the success of the Vita in the UK astounds me when it's priced at such a premium, the Memory Card is a barrier to entry (why buy two games when you can buy one and a memory card! Genius) and the advertising has been so obtuse.

The first couple of times i saw those Vita ads i couldn't really comprehend what i was seeing and how odd Sony's take on advertising is compared to the mastery that Nintendo has with it's products.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why? There's no need for the Vita to occupy that big a market share and i'd doubt even Sony are aiming that high. It needs a niche where it makes money, not half the handheld demographic. Frankly the success of the Vita in the UK astounds me when it's priced at such a premium, the Memory Card is a barrier to entry (why buy two games when you can buy one and a memory card! Genius) and the advertising has been so obtuse.

The first couple of times i saw those Vita ads i couldn't really comprehend what i was seeing and how odd Sony's take on advertising is compared to the mastery that Nintendo has with it's products.

yea can you give me the numbers that say it been a success because from this article all i am getting is that some game sold ok but there no hardware sales and that's what i would like to see

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
yea can you give me the numbers that say it been a success because from this article all i am getting is that some game sold ok but there no hardware sales and that's what i would like to see

You can just use your brain and get a feeling for the sales from the source articles -

Almost a third of Vita buyers picked up the Nathan Drake-starring adventure to propel it to top spot, ahead of another Vita game, FIFA Football, which was bought by 18 per cent of new Vita owners.
http://www.edge-online.com/news/uncharted-golden-abyss-tops-uk-chart

Unless Syndicate, a new entry from an established IP and software house, sold atrociously then the sales of Uncharted/FIFA must have been decent at the very least. Working up from that you can formulate an imaginary figure for Uncharted sales based on previous figures for the charts and new entry numbers, and then multiplying by 3 to give hardware units shifted.

No one's under any delusion that the Vita's sales will challenge the 3DS and you're barking up the wrong tree if you think that it not selling as well as the 3DS makes it a failure. Additionally the PSN component of sales adds further fuzziness to figures. Primarily this chart shows the Vita has been accepted by the UK public....but in the end it all comes down to whether it has legs. Personally i think that the Vita has a rocky time ahead of it until they expand the lineup, clarify what the device is, and GAME sorts out it's problems.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP

The Rizzle Kicks advert is pretty cool and long (2mins):

I posted it on GF for the Americans and they thought it was amzing compared to the US adverts.
But yeah the other ones suck.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i been told this chart is unreliable and should wait for a official chart that actually give you hardware / software numbers

so in the end the numbers are pretty much just made up

almost got me there op

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The Rizzle Kicks advert is pretty cool and long (2mins):

When has that one been on? I've seen those other stupid ones loads of times now, but that one has never graced my wondrous box of light and sound. It's definitely better but it still misses the point of being Vita-centric..to much focus on random other stuff (some people might even think it's a Rizzle Kicks promotion?). Nintendo are AMAZING at advertising....it's really not that hard.

i been told this chart is unreliable and should wait for a official chart that actually give you hardware / software numbers

so in the end the numbers are pretty much just made up

almost got me there op

Yeah, now you're trolling/making stuff up to fit your own reality. Chart-Track are a completely legitimate source. Can you actually tell us where you've been told it's unreliable? In magicland?

I like how Valwin is attempting to utilize the reasonable angle in his irrational dislike of Sony.
He's calling Chart-Track a hoax....it's not really that reasonable a position.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

1.4 million sold worldwide.

I like how Valwin is attempting to utilize the reasonable angle in his irrational dislike of Sony.
He's calling Chart-Track a hoax....it's not really that reasonable a position.
He's attempting, nobody said he was succeeding at it.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name in chat :ninja: