UK, Game passes on the bankrupcy to you

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is for the UK only

So its common knowledge now that our local game shop ironically called Game is in severe financial difficulty, I mean they've always been over-priced, clueless and well general douché bags when it comes to dealing with us lovely joe public, well cruising around today I got stuck in my local city centre. popped into game and everything and I mean EVERYTHING was reduced, they had MW3 was £39.99 now £22.97, Battlefield was the same. Pokemon Battle (the 3ds game) was £39.99 now £24.97

Every single one of thier 2nd hand games had atleast £5 off and that was for every console.
They even had a 320gb PS3 with any game for £149.99

What i'm basically saying is apparently this is only going to last a week or something before they actually go into administration so the best thing to do for us as the general public is to take advantage of the misery and get everything we may need for super cheap while we've still got the chance

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
3o7jB.jpg

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't believe administration is on the cards yet.. it was my understanding that this sale was to help shift current stock and avoid administration etc.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If their margins were the better part of 100% I would be stunned so as it stands they are either selling at a loss or without making much profit- at best this is a grab to raise some capital/generate something resembling a liquid asset (it is hard to imagine what loan company would so much as entertain a meeting with the company at this point). Admittedly such a thing would probably stave off administration/bankruptcy for a month or three but costs are still there (what with something resembling three shops in each town I visit).

[irredeemable little scrote mode]At this rate might be worth grabbing some stationary- wouldn't you know you had some retail experience in a failed company when it comes time for the CV padding[/irredeemable little scrote mode]

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Comet are selling new PSP Go's on ebay for £55. Price drops are contagious...

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Quick browse of their online store found little of interest, most things they have which i considered cheap could already be found at those prices or lower elsewhere, and they completely ignored lowering prices of anything vita related (I know it's new but just £5 off some of the games would at least give them a chance of matching competitor prices)

I guess there may be something worth buying instore somewhere though if you get lucky.

Reactions: 2 people

Rob3rr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used up my vouchers for Game the other day. I wanted to use them to get but ME3, but we all know what happened. Got Batman AC instead, which is a very good game.

I'm going to wait until ME3 goes down in price. Might be a few months.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s