UK, Game passes on the bankrupcy to you

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by yusuo, Mar 13, 2012.

Mar 13, 2012
  1. yusuo
    OP

Member yusuo GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    This is for the UK only

So its common knowledge now that our local game shop ironically called Game is in severe financial difficulty, I mean they've always been over-priced, clueless and well general douché bags when it comes to dealing with us lovely joe public, well cruising around today I got stuck in my local city centre. popped into game and everything and I mean EVERYTHING was reduced, they had MW3 was £39.99 now £22.97, Battlefield was the same. Pokemon Battle (the 3ds game) was £39.99 now £24.97

Every single one of thier 2nd hand games had atleast £5 off and that was for every console.
    They even had a 320gb PS3 with any game for £149.99

What i'm basically saying is apparently this is only going to last a week or something before they actually go into administration so the best thing to do for us as the general public is to take advantage of the misery and get everything we may need for super cheap while we've still got the chance

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
  3. yusuo
    OP

Member yusuo GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Glad the old news is exciting, sorry I missed said "old news" but hey thought I would try and inform the masses, apoligies, I promise it wont happen again

4. rehevkor

Member rehevkor GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I don't believe administration is on the cards yet.. it was my understanding that this sale was to help shift current stock and avoid administration etc.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    If their margins were the better part of 100% I would be stunned so as it stands they are either selling at a loss or without making much profit- at best this is a grab to raise some capital/generate something resembling a liquid asset (it is hard to imagine what loan company would so much as entertain a meeting with the company at this point). Admittedly such a thing would probably stave off administration/bankruptcy for a month or three but costs are still there (what with something resembling three shops in each town I visit).

[irredeemable little scrote mode]At this rate might be worth grabbing some stationary- wouldn't you know you had some retail experience in a failed company when it comes time for the CV padding[/irredeemable little scrote mode]

6. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
  7. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Comet are selling new PSP Go's on ebay for £55. Price drops are contagious...

8. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
  9. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Ugh. And to think I almost ordered The Last Story from these losers.

10. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Wow! I thought I had done well at £80

11. jamesaa

Member jamesaa The Prince of Insufficient Light

United Kingdom
    Quick browse of their online store found little of interest, most things they have which i considered cheap could already be found at those prices or lower elsewhere, and they completely ignored lowering prices of anything vita related (I know it's new but just £5 off some of the games would at least give them a chance of matching competitor prices)

I guess there may be something worth buying instore somewhere though if you get lucky.

2 people like this.
  12. Rob3rr

Newcomer Rob3rr Member

United Kingdom
    I used up my vouchers for Game the other day. I wanted to use them to get but ME3, but we all know what happened. Got Batman AC instead, which is a very good game.

I'm going to wait until ME3 goes down in price. Might be a few months.

13. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    They can't lower the prices of Vita stuff, it's not theirs.