Hardware [UK] Exploitable (<9.2) 3DS Consoles For £69.99 In Argos

InsaneNutter

OP
Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
If you live in the UK and want an original 3DS that's capable of running custom firmware / emunand then check out Argos.

Currently they have the following 3DS consoles for £69.99:

You can purchase online for delivery or click and collect from your local Argos.

I reserved one online yesterday and collected it on my way home today, powered it on to find its on firmware 2.1.0-4E.

Now lets see if I can get this updated to 9.2, I hope this info is of use to someone!

doqu6s.jpg

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Indeed i figured it would be exploitable, however 2.1 really surprised me!

It'd also say £69.99 is a pretty good price for a new 3DS here in the UK too.
Speaking of buying exploitable 3DSes, I picked up a preowned 3DS from Cash Generators yesterday for £49.99, didn't check the firmware before buying it and it came with 9.2! :toot:

Reactions: Deleted-236924

InsaneNutter

OP
Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Speaking of buying exploitable 3DSes, I picked up a preowned 3DS from Cash Generators yesterday for £49.99, didn't check the firmware before buying it and it came with 9.2! :toot:

That's pretty lucky, nice price and all ready to go!

I managed to update this to 4.3.0-4E using Mario Kart 7, which surprisingly kept the web browser too.

After i used the Gateway Blue card to install the MSET exploit to launch Gateway and backup the nand, along with installing sysupdater to the sysnand.
I then used RxTools 2.5.2 in Devmode to update the sysnand with sysupdater to 9.2.0-20.

Going to buy a larger SD card at some point then setup an emunand for rxTools to autoboot in to using themehax :)

aea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I managed to update this to 4.3.0-4E using Mario Kart 7, which surprisingly kept the web browser too.

After i used the Gateway Blue card to install the MSET exploit to launch Gateway and backup the nand, along with installing sysupdater to the sysnand.
I then used RxTools 2.5.2 in Devmode to update the sysnand with sysupdater to 9.2.0-20.

Going to buy a larger SD card at some point then setup an emunand for rxTools to autoboot in to using themehax :)

Do you know if exist another way except Gateway/SCDS2+ to hack an o3ds with old firmwares like that? I own an o3ds with that same firmware (2.1.0-4U) and tried to use browserhax with no success.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you know if is there another way to hack an o3DS with firmware that old apart from using Gateway/SCDS2+? Mine is also 2.1.0-4U and tried to use browserhax with no success.

Last edited by aea,

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Do you know if is there another way to hack an o3DS with firmware that old apart from using Gateway/SCDS2+? Mine is also 2.1.0-4U and tried to use browserhax with no success.
you can use any cartidge with 4.X like mario kart and fire emblem and install the ds profile of rxtools with a flashcard

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
If you live in the UK and want an original 3DS that's capable of running custom firmware / emunand then check out Argos.

Currently they have the following 3DS consoles for £69.99:

You can purchase online for delivery or click and collect from your local Argos.

I reserved one online yesterday and collected it on my way home today, powered it on to find its on firmware 2.1.0-4E.

Now lets see if I can get this updated to 9.2, I hope this info is of use to someone!

i would be really interested to know the Serial Number of your 3ds thx....

doqu6s.jpg

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
What for?
cos i bought 2 one of each colour but cant open them as theyre christmas presents thx....lol nothing sinister

cos i bought 2 one of each colour but cant open them as theyre christmas presents thx....lol nothing sinister
serial numbers on mine are cem1192 and cem1196.....just so i know that theyre on an exploitable firmware......thank you

InsaneNutter

OP
Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country

serial numbers on mine are cem1192 and cem1196.....just so i know that theyre on an exploitable firmware......thank you

Ah ok no worries mate, just not something people usually ask lol. This 3DS is cef1141

I also got this as a Christmas present for my Mum as she used to always love playing on my DS Lite many years ago.

All unused original 3DS's should be hackable anyway so you don't need to worry. If you don't want to hack them before Christmas day just be prepared and have a game with a 4.x update on so you can update to 4.x and then either use the gateway or rxtools mset exploits with a DS flashcard to hack the consoles. It would be a shame if the consoles were updated to a non exploitable firmware on Christmas day just because someone couldn't wait to use them.

Just remember if you update past 4.5 with a cartridge chances are you will not have the web browser, which could lock you out of the exploits for <= to 9.2.

It's pretty easy to open the box without making it look like its been opened too, i've got this one all hacked with RxTools auto booting in to an updated Emunand, so it's essentially ready to go at Christmas.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah ok no worries mate, just not something people usually ask lol. This 3DS is cef1141

I also got this as a Christmas present for my Mum as she used to always love playing on my DS Lite many years ago.

All unused original 3DS's should be hackable anyway so you don't need to worry. If you don't want to hack them before Christmas day just be prepared and have a game with a 4.x update on so you can update to 4.x and then either use the gateway or rxtools mset exploits with a DS flashcard to hack the consoles. It would be a shame if the consoles were updated to a non exploitable firmware on Christmas day just because someone couldn't wait to use them.

Just remember if you update past 4.5 with a cartridge chances are you will not have the web browser, which could lock you out of the exploits for <= to 9.2.

It's pretty easy to open the box without making it look like its been opened too, i've got this one all hacked with RxTools auto booting in to an updated Emunand, so it's essentially ready to go at Christmas.

thats terrific am much obliged to you. recently done a coral pink on 4.5.0-20e so got a good idea what to do. will have to look up autobooting rxtools and is it ok to update to 4.whatever using a sky3ds and say mariokart or luigis mansion. as i say thanks for all the help am immensely grateful.

aea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you can use any cartidge with 4.X like mario kart and fire emblem and install the ds profile of rxtools with a flashcard
Well, it seems that I have to get a cheap 4.x game plus a SCDS2+ if I want homebrew in my o3ds.Thank you very much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...