Gaming UK bought some Kid Icarus cards

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I just don't really see the point in buying them if you can scan all of them in into your game 10minutes through your computer screen, it's a nice idea, but you can get them all at a click of a button.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I just don't really see the point in buying them if you can scan all of them in into your game 10minutes through your computer screen, it's a nice idea, but you can get them all at a click of a button.

there collectables lol
and what if i have a rare one thats not on the database :P

Reactions: 1 person

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That "I don't really see the point" thingy is pointless. xP
People like to collect things, those people will buy them, fans will be happy, Nintendo will be happy and Panini will be happy. =3
Why do people collect soccer or baseball cards, when they can just see them online? Meh... Most collectibles are pointless, but people like them and buy them. ^^

Reactions: 2 people

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country

there collectables lol
and what if i have a rare one thats not on the database :P

That "I don't really see the point" thingy is pointless. xP
People like to collect things, those people will buy them, fans will be happy, Nintendo will be happy and Panini will be happy. =3
Why do people collect soccer or baseball cards, when they can just see them online? Meh... Most collectibles are pointless, but people like them and buy them. ^^

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm a collector too, especially when it comes to Nintendo, but some people get it to unlock things in game, which they don't need too, however, I do see the collectable side of things, even if it can get expensive, we all must have what we want >__

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the cards but I wouldn't actually BUY any. I mean, the only real reason I still have the cards I have now are because
A. I want childhood memorabilia dammit o_o
B. I like the artwork.

Niether of those things matter enough to me to actually get me to buy more though. Plus, I'm pretty sure the database has most of the US and Euro sets by now so whatever "rare" card you find wont be like that for long.

LuigiPT

Trophies
XP
Country
Explain to me how are you going to be able to scan the card through your computer screen if no one has bought the cards in the first place? You should be glad that he is buying them and that he is willing to scan them in case he gets something good!

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a ton!
I have the pack that came with the game.
A pack that came with gameinformer
A pack from club Nintendos star catalog
A pack from the event IGN held
And a pack from EbGames!

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are they all different packs? I went into a shop last night to order 1 pack (thats all I could afford until I get paid!) but I couldn't see before.

Mine said on the bottom 'Pre order pack', so I assume these are the cards that were suppose to go to GAME originally.

LuigiPT

Trophies
XP
Country
Curious indeed! I got mine from Argos also. Maybe all the pre order packs had different cards in?
The pre order packs had all different cards! They could range from Underworld Armies cards to Items cards and MAYBE a rare one but that's... well, rare.

And Nintendo has made a deal with Panini to distribute the AR cards, but it still should be a while to see them in shops.

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Curious indeed! I got mine from Argos also. Maybe all the pre order packs had different cards in?
The pre order packs had all different cards! They could range from Underworld Armies cards to Items cards and MAYBE a rare one but that's... well, rare.

And Nintendo has made a deal with Panini to distribute the AR cards, but it still should be a while to see them in shops.

Yea, I know they will be coming out in shops over the summer but I was wondering if all the ones in Argos said 'pre-order pack on'.

I originally thought the pre-order packs were all the same, but thank you for your confirmation.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got 3 rare ones, one from preorder ,one from EbGames nd the other from gameinformer

How do you know which ones are designated as 'rare' already?

They say it
31b207db-1e77-915c.jpg

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP