UK best place to buy 3DS flashcart? And which cart?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by InfoAddict, Mar 24, 2014.

1. InfoAddict
    OP

InfoAddict GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2014
    I want to get a 3DS for SMTIV. It's not getting brought to the UK anytime soon, so I've decided to get a flashcart so I can play it (I will search shops for a compatible console afterwards).

What shop should I use and which cart shall I buy? I'm settling on an MT Card but I can't tell if the sites on their resellers list are UK based as they display the price is dollars.

I'd like a quick option, I'm hoping to be playing SMTIV by Friday at the latest :).

2. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    As far as I have researched all the shops are based in China. Even some german shops that I checked, were actually shipping from China and not Germany. Same goes for some UK shops I checked.
    So be extra careful when purchasing.

3. GamingAori

GamingAori GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    yeah a lot of shops for europe ships from china. i buy my mt card from the german reseller spielite with paypal.

4. fatsquirrel

Nov 11, 2013
    damn i wish i would have saw this earlier. I just purchased mine today :(

5. InfoAddict
    OP

Mar 24, 2014
    Thanks guys. Looks like it will be a wait no matter what if I can't find a UK based site, that's fine, still have plenty to play on other consoles in the meantime!

Now I have to decide whether I get a 3DS or XL, and whether I buy it used or not. Of course as making sure I get a 4.5 or under.

Is MT Card definitely the best way to go then? Only one with MultiRom right?

6. xBleedingSoulx

xBleedingSoulx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 20, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Barnsley, England
    I'd probably hold off getting a flashcart right now, there's a bit of a fiasco going off on the scene at the minute.

7. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    Yeah, I wouldn't buy one right now, wait a few weeks, it'll save you nerves and money in the end

8. InfoAddict
    OP

Mar 24, 2014
    Ok. As I said there's no rush for me. I'll be sure to buy the 3DS ASAP though, can't be too sure how many <4.5s are left in the wild!

9. JakeFe

JakeFe Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    yeah, you can put more than one roms on one microsd card, I've updated my 3ds to the latest 7.1.0-16, so i ordered this r4i gold 3ds rts card instead http://www.thegamerdepot.com/buy-wood-r4i-gold-3ds-card-for-3ds-xl3dsdsids-p-150.html it works great running the DS backups on the 3DS.

10. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    only uk based reseller i know of is teensy, but they only stock the gateway card.......i would suggest waiting a few weeks too, to see whats going with all the rumors before buying any card, especially the gateway card

11. daniilS

daniilS Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2013
    Netherlands
    Does anyone know if there is some reseller not necessarily located in the UK, but somewhere close to the Netherlands, so I can get it this week without having to pay high shipping fees?
    Thanks in advance.

12. fatsquirrel

Nov 11, 2013
    Youll be best off with nds-card if you dont want to pay high shipping fees. It delivers in about 10 days anyway.
    Patience my young padawan!

13. daniilS

daniilS Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2013
    Netherlands
    I've seen multiple websites with that price, but the shipping is my main concern. Anything up to €70 or a bit above it would be fine, as long as I get the cart this week. It's a pity that Teensy or the Dutch website Save-Mii don't offer it.

14. fatsquirrel

Nov 11, 2013
    Hes from Europe, I doubt he will get it in 3 days from USA.

15. daniilS

daniilS Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2013
    Netherlands
    Well, their website states they ship for free to Europe in 7-10 days, which is faster than from Hong Kong. Also, they have the lowest price I've seen so far. Thanks a lot, I think I will order from them!
    And if I pay 20 more dollar, it should be still here within three days, and the total price stays lower than shipping from Hong Kong using DHL.

16. fatsquirrel

Nov 11, 2013
    Let me know how it turns out to be. As I am too looking for a good supplier with ''fast'' shipping.

17. daniilS

daniilS Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2013
    Netherlands
    Okay. I think I won't be using the extra fast shipping though, because I don't think having to wait 4-7 days less is worth 20 bucks. So you will hear from me in a week or two.

18. fatsquirrel

Nov 11, 2013
    Cheers mate !

19. daniilS

daniilS Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2013
    Netherlands
    Ah dammit, they only accept visa:angry:. I sent them a message asking if I can pay by using another method, otherwise I have to find a way to pay with someone else's card.

20. Kumadoken
    This message by Kumadoken has been removed from public view by Depravo, Apr 3, 2015, Reason: This ain't craigslist. ~Dep.
    Apr 3, 2015