heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Tesco — £114.99
All reports point to Tesco offering their consoles at the lowest price at a stunning £114.99, available both in-store and through its Tesco Direct online service.

Morrison's — £119.99
This is a limited offer available in-store for the next 10 days, and expect stock to be hard to come by as the chain has put out plenty of advertising to shout about this deal.
The store is also offering 3DS games for £25 during the campaign, including Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.

ASDA — £134.99
It's not like ASDA to grant Tesco such a big advantage on price, but there's definite space between the jostling giants on the console. We'll wait and see if ASDA has anything up its sleeve, though.

Sainsbury's — £139.99
Surprisingly, Sainsbury's isn't jumping on the lowest price bandwagon, offering the console at £140 and as-yet no announced deals on software. Whether it drops this price to compete with its supermarket opponents remains to be seen.

HMV — £139.99
HMV is offering the console online for £139.99, with its in-store pricing expected to be £139.99 or £149.99. We'll confirm as soon as possible.
It's also worth noting the store's online portal is selling off games dirt-cheap: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is going for just £14.99, a steal for one of 3DS's most overlooked gems.

GAME and Gamestation — £149.99 upwards
GAME Group stores come in at the higher end of the 3DS pricing scale, offering the machine on its own for £149.99. While this may seem steep versus the competition, you can pick up Ocarina of Time for only an extra tenner: £159.99 with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D isn't a bad deal at all.
The chain will also be encouraging trade-ins, so anyone wanting to upgrade from a DSi or DSi XL can trade in and get the £159.99 bundle for £99.99.
As for online, GAME is plugging its Play Now, Trade Later deal. The 3DS and Zelda will run you £154.99, but trade it in before 25th August and you're guaranteed £150 of in-store credit, not bad if you're only really buying it for Ocarina.[/p]

Oh and Amazon is reported to be £115 as well, although it isn't a high street retailer like the ones above.

When the 3DS first arrived at the market it was priced around £230 and then five months down the road its price as dipped to £115. The fact that DSi is expensive than the 3DS baffles me.

Source

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yikes, the Gamestation price is steep.
They do have loyalty schemes though, £150 will earn you a lot of points, 400pts is £1 off.
£10 earns you 100pts, so £150 will earn you 1500pts for a £3.75 bonus on future stuff.

Well, that's not much but it does build up with Gamestation loyalty.
You're much better off going to Tescos or Morrisons.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
i think il buy one with ocarina of time, pilotwings, and screen protectors
biggrin.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I remember when the 3DS price was first confirmed. Half the people here were shocked at the price, the other half tried to justify it and say it was reasonable.

Just goes to show how much of a massive profit margin Nintendo were trying to milk out of people. They really are just greedy.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
p1ngpong said:
I remember when the 3DS price was first confirmed. Half the people here were shocked at the price, the other half tried to justify it and say it was reasonable.

Just goes to show how much of a massive profit margin Nintendo were trying to milk out of people. They really are just greedy.
Yeah.. I wasnt a fan of the price tag and it shows why.

Its really upsetting, but I bought it early. No one is to blame but myself lol.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only played one at a Gamestop for like 5 minutes. Wasn't impressed at all with the 3D but then again, I only played DoA.

$250 for a handheld is just too much. I'm thinking about getting a PSP-Go and maybe another DS Lite soon simply because they're getting pretty cheap and have tons of software at this point. Maybe in a year or two, if the 3DS is still kicking, I'll pick one up...

Really, I'm content with the gaming capabilities of my iPod right now... I could play NES and Gameboy games for the rest of my life and be happy with that. The stuff I grew up on. I'll leave the great graphics and 25-60 hour games to the consoles where I feel they belong.

With the games that are currently out, I wouldn't pay $150 for the 3DS.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Old8oy said:
how exactly is it bad for the industry? bad for Nintendo maybe, but definitely not the industry as a whole...
Namely the PSV will have a hard time to compete with such a low price as the rival next gen handheld on the market
And with the 3Ds boom, this might be a new era of shovelware tsunami with the non-3D dev kit incoming

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I think the industry is making a mistake in creating "handheld PS3s"... They are going to have a hard time justifying the expense with some small portable. They are also limiting the market to those who can afford $250. I bought my first Gameboy brand new for $80 and it came with Link's Awakening. Saved a whole summer. I'm not seeing anything in today's handhelds that would inspire me to save up $250...and that's only a day's worth of work now...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm tempted by Amazon's £135 bundle with OoT...but I may hold off to see how much it is used.

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was just down my local high street and at gamestation I saw it with OoT for £150 and thought that was cheap then I saw the Tesco/Amazon price!!
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: