Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a heads up to any UK anime fans who might not have heard about this:

Anime UK News said:
Starting 3rd June on Sunday evenings from 8pm till 10pm, the "Anime Network" will invade Sky digital channel "Propeller TV" (SKY Channel 195) and begin broadcasting Coyote Ragtime Show, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Guyver: The Bio-Boosted Armour and Elfen Lied. More information below:

"Promising to bring UK viewers an edgy fusion of top offerings from America's #1 Anime Channel, ADV Films and Propeller TV have announced the launch of an Anime Network programming block. The new two-hour block-presented by Sci-Fi Guy extraordinaire Stuart Claw (T4) and manga maven Emma Vieceli (TOKYOPOP UK & Ireland Rising Star of Manga)-debuts on Propeller TV (SKY Channel 195) on 3 June and will air 8:00-10:00pm on Sundays."

"Injected with plenty of action, adventure, science fiction and horror, the exciting lineup of animated series includes such favorites as Coyote Ragtime Show, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Guyver: The Bio-Boosted Armour and Elfen Lied, all of which already boast hoards of fans the world over. Today's news marks the first transatlantic programming deal for Anime Network, which already reaches more than 40 million households in North America and draws from the world's largest anime libraries."

smile.gif

SeanoRLY?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Coyote Ragtime is awesome, same as Genesis.
Never got into Elfen Lied, watched the first episode, that was all.

Dubs usually suck. Only ever liked FMA and DBZ dub. We'll see how this turns out though. Nice to see some anime on UK TV's

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
omg Elfen Lied...too bad sky isn't in florida too ;_;

Though I think Verizon's new service (which I think I will switch to once it is activated in my area) has a 24-hour anime channel. Hope they show Elfen Lied sometimes, that series pwns.

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
Thanks for the heads up man - I love Guyver! I'msure it's the old skool original as well (Or at least I hope so) Mind you, the 2006 Guyver kicked ass!

Thanks again

Hopefully we'll get some dominion tank police, Devilman and other golden oldies in the days when manga video briefly ruled the UK!

PEACE!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.