Uhm..which rock game should I get?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Sailor, Nov 27, 2007.

?

Which one to buy

1. Guitar Hero 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rock Band [when it comes out for wii/ps2]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sailor
    OP

Sailor GBAtemp Fan

Oct 11, 2007
    United States
    New Jersey
    So, which do you guys think I should get? I've had my share with Guitar Hero, though I don't own it. I got about 3 hours of Guitar Hero II last weekend for the first time, and it kicked major butt..so I'm really anticipating Guitar Hero 3 for Christmas..
    But then again, people are raving on and on about how GOOD Rock Band is, and I also have a Ps2 [that I don't use much, sadly]..so I was wondering, do you guys think I should get that for Christmas instead?

I really don't feel like waiting '08 until the Wii version gets announced or something, so I guess it'd be most likely down to GH3 Wii, or Ps2 Rock Band. Help D:

2. Taras

Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

Dec 10, 2005
    United States
    Boxcar #142, Santa Fe rail
    Neither. Save your money and buy a plastic four-button guitar from Toys R Us and pretend to rock out in your room.

Same thing.

3. lagman

lagman I wish I was green.

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2003
    Mexico
    Me, To You
    Rock Band, just for the drums.
    *crosses fingers for Wii version to be real*

4. Sailor
    OP

Sailor GBAtemp Fan

Oct 11, 2007
    United States
    New Jersey
    1 for Rock Band =D
    And yea, in the interview that IGN had with Harmonix back in April they said they would "definitely" be bringing one out in the future..but I dunno how long away that is :\

5. cubin'

cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 12, 2007
    Rock Band for sure. Looks to be an excellent game.

Taras, let me guess..you play real guitar thus you're too good for guitar rhythm games?

6. Taras

Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

Dec 10, 2005
    United States
    Boxcar #142, Santa Fe rail
    Yes, but I suck at it.

My point still stands.

7. Airsoft1117

Airsoft1117 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2007
    United States
    I would go with GH3 but thats just me not wanting to spend $170 on a game that i need to have friends over to make enjoyable. Plus GH is just known for being awesome.

8. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Rock Band, I'm sure if Harmonix did a Wii version it won't be a crap port like GH3 is on Wii.

9. GeekShadow

GeekShadow GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2007
    France
    France/Vendée (85)
    I will say GH3, the Wii Guitar is compatible with computer so you can play to Frets on Fire with it [​IMG]

10. Railgun

Railgun ( ' _ ' )

Feb 20, 2006
    Gambia, The
    GBAtemp City
    GH3 is a realy nice Game [​IMG]

11. hankchill

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    Rock Band.

You don't *need* friends for it to be enjoyable, you will have a great experience on solo tour (plus the songs are much better in Rock Band).

However getting a group together kicks the total crap out of any experience Guitar Hero will give you.

12. xcalibur

xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

Jun 2, 2007
    Sacred Heart
    rock band, its a lot less harder on your fingers and a bit more lenient
    also doesnt have gay "powerups" or bossbattles
    its really like a rockband since you get to act like an up and coming rockband, being able to choose your own songs and unlocking more and more of the world to do gigs in
    starting off with just the band van and ending up with a jet

13. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    i would like to say rockband, but its not out here yet.

i must say that gh3 is also very nice, got it today for the 360, and the new wireless guitar is very nice quality [​IMG]

14. Duracelpupu

Duracelpupu Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2007
    Nauru
    what the hell are you talking.. of course, get both [​IMG] (dunno 100% sure if i gonna get the Rock band, have to see when it comes.. [​IMG] )

just spent 115€(=~160$) on GH3(wii) last friday. god it was awsome to rock with it (with couple of friends).. i(/we) played during weekend like over 12hrs i think..(in terrible hangover [​IMG])

this game goes to top3 of best games ever! (in every category)
    (but, havent played earlier GH games)

if you dont have money, get a job. or eat rice for awhile [​IMG]

15. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    Keep in mind that if you have a good sound system GH3 will sound like it's coming out of tin can speakers.

http://www.guitarhero.com/forums/8/forum_topics/1258?page=1

Not just no surround sound, but lack of true stereo as well, and the sound that does come out is mixed improperly, so it sounds like ass if you have any sort of discerning ear at all.

16. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    then you shouldn't play videogames at all, just take a piece of wood, and press on it with your thumbs and pretend to beat super mario...

hell, don't even watch TV... just sit and stare into a blank wall pretending you're watching the latest episode of whatever you watch...

damn... don't even come back here reading this, just sit at the same wall as before and pretend to talk to people online...

it's all way cheaper, and is the same thing.

That's basicly what you say.

17. sekhu

sekhu moo?

Feb 14, 2007
    rock band is the music/rhythm game to own right now, it's a step up and in another league compared to guitar hero

18. Sailor
    OP

Sailor GBAtemp Fan

Oct 11, 2007
    United States
    New Jersey
    And that seems completely logical.
    Anyway, I just use normal TV speakers..so dunno if that'll sound as bad as you say.
    Will it? o.O

19. Duracelpupu

Duracelpupu Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2007
    Nauru
    yea but we didnt even think once about that during the weekend [​IMG] i have a big home theater system also and we played this from 2channel (+sub).. sounded great [​IMG]

have to say that you can notice the mono but also you just have a shitty amplifier [​IMG]

20. deathfisaro

deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Mar 16, 2007
    Canada
    Vancouver, BC
    GH3 personally.
    I don't like mic music games, karaoke is a far better option for singing IMO.
    You can see Rock Band in two ways. One POV would be it gives you variety of play options, the other would be you either need friends who prefer different instrument or you need to master all of them.